Illy cups

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Illy cups

Postby matts » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:56 pm

I drink espresso every single day, and something I enjoy a lot is using different cups. I managed to get a single Jeff Koons one from a design shop a while back (they'd split the set as a couple had got broken).

And it was my absolute favourite, but I have smashed it :( Help me to justify why I need an Illy Pen Tests art set for Xmas, a mere £70 for 6. (paul you may be able to help :wink: )

I'm not one of these mad collectors, I actually want to drink from the things not keep them for 5 years in the original box and then sell them on. But it's an awful lot just to use one of them to drink from...anyone else got the bug or know of good sources?

Matt
matts

Postby phil » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:38 pm

I dunno about "got the bug" as such, but my good lady bought me a set of illy art cups for my birthday a few weeks ago. The Marina Abramovic ones.

I'm ashamed to say I haven't used them yet though.:oops:
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby pault » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:07 pm

no link with them but Zoxx - a Dutch site I believe - do a good range of Illy, Segafredo, Danesi etc. - I ordered a mixed selection of them a while back

it may surprise some people that the expensive arty ones don't appeal to me :wink:

I find out of all of them, the classic Illy are the ones I use most - and they do various sizes e.g. a larger espresso cup that's ideal for Americanos
Spazio 2 Group, Pavoni Pro.
Pavoni JDoser & Mazzer Mini Elec Grinders,
Vac Pots - Mini Santos Electronic & Cona 'D'
Various Press Pots
Hottop Roaster
pault

Postby Beanie » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:23 am

another Dutch site... espressimo seems to have the JKs - set of 6 (me things) for 110EUR.

Good Luck :-)
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Return to Espresso