How much would an old junior sell for?

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

How much would an old junior sell for?

Postby Skippy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:09 am

Ive found myself only drinking filter coffee recently so I've been considering selling my 1997 Cimbali junior D/1 (with the dials and funky analogue dosing system). Its fully working but there is some rust forming on the frame and the outer panels need re chroming.

I was wondering how much a machine like that sells for? I really have no clue if anybody is ever even interested in such things?

Thanks for the help!
Cimbali Junior D/1
Skippy

RE: How much would an old junior sell for?

Postby bruceb » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:19 am

Hopefully, someone from the UK will come along with some advice about pricing, but in the meantime, here in Germany one in perfect, little used condition will go for about €2000,-. "Well-used" machines in need of service go for half of that. Because they are among the smallest commercial machines available they are sought after and sell quickly. Good luck, if you decide to sell it. Let us know and we'll sticky it here. :D
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

RE: How much would an old junior sell for?

Postby Skippy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:39 pm

Thank you thats useful to know. As I bought it unseen and in non working condition for next to nothing I really had no idea about what the value of such machines were.
Cimbali Junior D/1
Skippy

Return to Espresso