[For Sale] L'Anna Hand-Fill, Mazzer Grinder & Knock Box

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

[For Sale] L'Anna Hand-Fill, Mazzer Grinder & Knock Box

Postby KumiMajava » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Unfortunately due to an impending move abroad, I'm having to dispose of all my coffee equipment. This includes an Iberital L'Anna Hand-fill coffee machine, a Mazzer grinder (with a knock box), and also some spare burrs for a Mazzer Major. Details below - for any further questions, pleas PM me.

Photos are currently at the link below - I will make resized copies & include in this post tomorrow:

http://s146.photobucket.com/user/kumimajava/library/StuffForSale2013/CoffeeStuff

Iberital L'Anna Hand-Fill - SOLD

Mazzer Mestre Grinder + Knock Box - SOLD

Mazzer Major Spare Burrs

I bought these in case I'd need to replace the burrs in my Mazzer Major - unfortunately the grinder broke before the burrs needed replacing. Hence these are completely unused, and surplus to requirements.

Price - £ 30 including postage inside UK

Many thanks for taking the time to read through this post - and if you have any questions, please PM me.
Last edited by KumiMajava on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
KumiMajava

Postby GreenBean » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:04 am

Making this a sticky for you. Good luck with the sale :D and please advise when the items are sold so we can unsticky it.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby KumiMajava » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:11 am

Many thanks - I will notify you promptly when they are sold :)
KumiMajava

Postby lsjms » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:57 pm

Are these still available, the Major burrs in particular?
lsjms

Postby KumiMajava » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:00 am

Yes, all available - if anything sells, this thread will be updated ASAP. For the moment, everything is still there.
KumiMajava

Postby KumiMajava » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:47 pm

The Grinder + Knock-box combination is now SOLD.

Major Burrs & L'Anna machine still available.

Reason for "edit" of post: updated status of Grinder to 'sold'.
KumiMajava

Postby JamesP » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:06 am

I have pm'ed you not sure if it went through, is L'anna still for sale?, if so I will rehome her :)
JamesP

Postby KumiMajava » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:56 am

Hi James,

Yes, it's still available - I've responded to your PM. I was offline yesterday, hence a slightly delayed response.

Many thanks.
KumiMajava

Postby KumiMajava » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:33 pm

L'Anna is now 'on hold pending payment' for JamesP, and hopefully soon on her way to a new home.

Major grinder burrs still available.

I will update the rest of the listing/post to take account of this latest info.
KumiMajava

Postby KumiMajava » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:55 pm

The L'Anna has now been sold & delivered. so it's just the Mazzer Major burrs that are left.

FAO Mods: I think there is no point keeping this as a sticky anymore, since it's only the burrs left & I don't want to clutter the forum too much. Thus - could you please un-sticky this thread.

Many thanks to everyone who looked at these items, and of course to Chris & James, who bought the machine & grinder. I hope they give you many moments of caffeinated happiness :)
KumiMajava

Postby JamesP » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:00 pm

Thanks Daniel perfect transaction :)
JamesP

Postby bruceb » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:56 pm

Congratulations on the successful transaction. I have unstickied this thread.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby dr.chris » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:28 am

Despite buying the Mazzer some time ago I wasnt actually able to get hold of it until last weekend and get it cleaned up and ready until this weekend.

I wasnt sure what to expect. We had been using the Iberital MC2 for ages and its a decent machine, although I hate the worm drive with a vengence.

Well the Mazzer doesnt have the doser (I could fit it, but for the amount of coffee we are grinding it seems pointless.) So we are currently going with weighing out the beans, pouring them into the grinder and sticking a tamper on top while they grind rather than using the huge hopper.

Very early days but I have to say the results are spectacular :)
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

Postby GreenBean » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:46 am

I suggest you try using the hopper with at least 250g of beans in it and compare the results to your current approach. I much prefer the results from the hopper. A small hopper that fits perfectly is available from Bella Barista.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby bruceb » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:18 pm

After a good amount of experimentation with various grinders I am convinced that letting the beans "popcorn" around in the mouth of the grinder (because there are no beans pressing down from above) gives inferior results. The grind is always coarser, requiring a finer setting, and the range of fines to coarse grains is much greater. This is also clearly detrimental to taste.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Next

Return to Espresso