Espresso light

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Espresso light

Postby bruceb » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:23 pm

Why not? Low-cal espresso?
No no, I'm talking about illuminating your cup under the portafilter. It irritates me not being able to see well down in the work area of the machine. I used to have a lamp with a gooseneck next to my machine, but since moving to a stainless work table I could no longer use that. Here is a solution that works great for me, cost about €3.50 and requires no installation, wiring or switches. It is a little, round LED lamp from Osram (there are probably other brands) called a DOT-it Waterproof. You turn it on and off by pressing in the middle of the lens and it is magnetic so it sticks the underside of the machine. I can recommend it without hesitation.

There is a YouTube video about this and other things (more espresso videos to come) here.
Attachments
dotit_02.jpg
dotit_02.jpg (19.22 KiB) Viewed 4452 times
dotit_01.jpg
dotit_01.jpg (12.84 KiB) Viewed 4452 times
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby GreenBean » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:13 am

Brilliant idea, Bruce. 8)

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Return to Espresso