[FOR SALE] Gaggia Classic & Iberital MC2

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

[FOR SALE] Gaggia Classic & Iberital MC2

Postby bronc » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Why I'm selling the Gaggia and the Iberital?
I've been here for quite some time now and while I've had my Gaggia for just under half an year I recently got upgraditis again! I found a Mrs. Silvia looking for a new owner and I'm really attracted to her! Unfortunately, I don't have enough cash to go and buy her right away so I first have to part with two of my friends - my lovely Gaggia Classic and a doserless Iberital MC2.

Gaggia Classic
Let me say a few words about it. When I got the Gaggialast spring I replaced the boiler, the boiler gasket, the pump, and the grouphead gasket. This means that these parts have been used for less than 3 months (I didn't use the machine during the summer as I wasn't home). I've descaled it only once for this time period as I live in an area with very soft water. I also backflush it with Puly Caff once a week. There are no dents, scratches or other blemishes on the surface. I've set the OPV to 10 bars static pressure which translates to 9 bars at the puck. I'm selling it with two portafilters - the standard one and another Gaggia one. The reason I have two is that I meant to make a bottomless pf but if I get the Silvia I wouldn't be able to use it. If you want I can talk to a friend who might be able to 'transform' it for a few extra quid (a new bottomless portafilter costs £25 not including postage). I can also supply a PID kit with the machine - crimped and pre-cut 13awg 180*C-rated cables, the PID controller, a SSR, and two thermocouples - one that can be used to tap the boiler if you feel like it (its 6mm and the hole in the boiler is 4 mm) and a wire one which can be attached to any place on the boiler with Sugru which I will give you as well (prices I've paid for the components from eBay UK - PID + SSR + 6mm TC - £30; Wire TC - £5; Crimps, cable, and etc - £5; Sugru - £5 = £45). I think that's all I can say about the machine. The only thing it lacks is a Silvia wand as I used the wand without the Panarello attachment and still got good-enough microfoam.

Here are the prices:
Gaggia Classic with two standard portafilters and w/o PID - €100
Gaggia Classic with one standard and one naked portafilter and w/o PID - £90-93 (I need to ask my friend whether he can do it and for how much though) - €105-110
Gaggia Classic with two standard portafilters and w/ the PID kit - €120
Gaggia Classic with one standard and one naked portafilter and w/ the PID kit (same thing about the naked pf) - €130-135

Iberital MC2 Doserless
I used it for a month before I got my Mazzer so I can't say a lot of things about it. It's timer switch is missing and I didn't try to find a replacement part because it's just fine the way it is. I just weigh out 16gr of beans, dump them in the hopper, turn the grinder on, push the button with the portafilter, push it a second time when it's done and that's it. I guess it would be a problem if you wanted to fill the hopper with beans and use the timer to adjust the dose but most of us weigh the beans in order to have consistency.

Price:
Iberital MC2 Doserless - €90

Postage:
I will use DPD Couriers - fully insured and tracked - but if you prefer another courier that's fine. I can give you a quote as soon as you tell me where you live. Generally speaking, postage for the Gaggia should be around €25 and for the Iberital around €20.

If you want to get both I can work out a special price for you but I can't give you a quote on the shipping before I call the couriers.

I'm currently away so I can't take any photos but when I get home (should be back on September 2) I'll post a couple and I can also upload a video if you want one. If you have any questions please ask!
bronc

Postby GreenBean » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:17 am

Making this a sticky for you. Good luck with the sale :D Please advise when the items are sold so we can unsticky it.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby bronc » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:06 am

Thanks!
bronc

Postby Bazschmaz » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:37 pm

Hi. I'll give you 70 notes for the grinder if you want a quick sale.
Bazschmaz

Postby GreenBean » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:01 am

Hi Bazschmaz, welcome to TMC :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby Bazschmaz » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Hey. Thanks for the welcome. Sorry about the lowball offer. I'm after a grinder for espresso and thought the missing timer switch might have given me something to negotiate with. I've a total budget of £90. I'd be teaming it up with a Gaggia classic machine. If I didn't have a machine already I'd have taken them both.
Bazschmaz

Postby bronc » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:55 am

Hi Bazschmaz! Is that 70EUR or 70GBP?
bronc

Postby GreenBean » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:23 am

Hi guys, can I suggest that you negotiate via private message rather than on an open forum.

GreenBean

Postby bronc » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:19 pm

Yes, no problem.
bronc

Postby bronc » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:49 am

Both the Gaggia and the Iberital are still up for grabs.
bronc

Postby bronc » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:55 am

Both the Gaggia and the Iberital are still for sale. The Gaggia now comes with a naked portafilter. Here are some photos and a video of the Classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB54pnWiku8

bronc

Postby bronc » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:44 pm

The Gaggia and the naked pf have now been sold. The Iberital is still up for grabs.
bronc

Postby bronc » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:55 pm

The Iberital has also been sold. You can now unstucky the thread. :) Thanks!
bronc

Postby bruceb » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:05 pm

Done! Thanks for letting us know and congratulations on the sales.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby bronc » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:41 am

Thanks! Let's see how long will I last with my Silvia :) I bet that by the beginning of summer next year I'll be looking around for a HX/DB machine ;)
bronc

Next

Return to Espresso