L'Anna set up and user guide

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

L'Anna set up and user guide

Postby mcconnelld » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi,

New member who has been reading with interest - jumped for a L'anna and I think MC5 grinder on ebay at the weekend - collecting tomorrow.

First time espresso user - so far have been using a nespresso and delonghi bean to cup machine.

Have been searching online for manuals, I have noticed several similiar posts which I'm hoping someone can provide the information for. Will be setting up this week to use so excited and probably daunted as well.

Dave
mcconnelld

RE: L

Postby bruceb » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Good luck on the new kit. Someone here will likely set you up with the information you need. There are quite a few L'anna users on TMC.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

RE: L

Postby mcconnelld » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:33 pm

Thanks very much Bruce - thats just what I was hoping to hear
mcconnelld

Postby GreenBean » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:09 am

Welcome to TMC, Dave :D I can not help you with a L'Anna manual but, as Bruce says, someone will be along with one soon.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby dr.chris » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:26 pm

We have a PDF manual that I have emailed to a few people over the last couple of years, although its not the most useful document in the world. (PM and I'll email it back - or seach the Iberital website as I understand its there somewhere) There is also somewhere on here quite a long piece by Cakeboy on how to do an in depth clean on the Lovely Anna.

Shes a nice big solid lump of kit - not many bells and whistles but industrial in all the right ways and has a very powerful steamer. It will take a while to get everything right with the grind and the pressure but she is a great machine. I got a naked portafilter with a triple basket and she makes me happy. (A naked PF also makes swapping in a blank for back flushing the head easy)

Things to remember
- The green light above the start button comes on when the water tank is full.
- Anna stops pumping when the tank drops below a certain point so its good to keep the tank topped up.
- Parts (and advice) can be had from Scott at HappyDonkey.
- Pressure adjustment can be achieved via a small screw under a rubber cover under the top plate. Its right at the back RH corner looking from the front (if I remember right) and can be very sensitive. I think for domestic use the aim is to be at about 0.8 on the pressure scale (0.8-1 anyways)
- Anna is heavy. After a couple of years in my old kitchen the doors underneath where Anna sat didnt always close so easily as the worksurface had sagged by a couple of mm. It was a poor quality kitchen but its worth thinking about where she is going to live.
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

Postby mcconnelld » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:48 pm

Thank you all kindly.
Luckily it came with the user manual so thats all sorted, searched their website to no avail though.
Certainly is a big lump and weighty - wifey not very happy about coffee machines and grinders filling the space in the kitchen - she will come around :-) she is standing on a baby changing table at present, and filling it totally as well (anna not the wife). Good point about cheap kitchens and sagging!
Havent had chance to play and put into operation - would like to clean the insides and flush the water through - its a handfill model and may have had some standing for a bit. Will look for Cakeboys post for tips.
Certainly looks lovely, I'm taken with the steel and solidness, as well as the cup warmer. For several weeks I've been fixated on cupwarmer trays and porta filters - sad I know. Hopefully will get some peace now - but naked portafilter a must I think. I looked on happy donkey - which one is required as there wasn't one for Iberital machines per se?
Will be spending the weekend dialling things in I hope
Thanks
mcconnelld

Postby dr.chris » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:06 am

It may be the Faema but off the top of my head I dont know - a quick email/call to HD would sort that out. The E61 group head is (fairly) standard to many machines

You are also going to need a decent tamper as well :) Getting set up isnt cheap.

These days the wife uses Anna more than I do- she likes her cappuccinos
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

Postby mcconnelld » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:26 am

I've noticed! Had to order from amazon a tamper - solid steel looks nice - and other bits, mainly for speed of delivery. Neverending, but that part of the fun...!
Thanks for the faema info - HD here I come
mcconnelld

Return to Espresso