Need help with Iberital L'anna 1G Hand fill programming

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Need help with Iberital L'anna 1G Hand fill programming

Postby aznarepse » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:56 pm

Hi,
first of all, hello to everybody, as I am new here.
I need some help programming a L'anna. I just bought it second hand and managed to get a manual from the manufacturer.
I am trying to program the buttons on the panel with no success.
The manual says that by pressing the continuous button for 5 seconds it will blink and all the leds will light up and stay steady and then the programming can be done button by button. Well, it does not do that...
I press the button for 5 seconds and it blinks but then it stops blinking and nothing happens. Could my L'anna be an older model?
I have tried to press it until it starts blinking and then before it stops blinking, I press another button, namely the one I wish to program, then the coffee will start pouring but the two buttons (the chosen one and the continuous one) will blink at the same time. I then stop the coffee but it does not seem to record the dose.

Any advise please?

Also, is the dose based in volume or in time? The amount of coffee server does seem to vary a lot depending on how tampered the portafilter is or how fine the coffee is grounded. I thought the dose was based in volume, but as per the above, it does not look like.

Thank you very much in advance.

All the best!
aznarepse

Postby GreenBean » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:42 am

Welcome to TMC aznarepse. :D If you are following the instructions in your manual and can not program the volumetrics then I would suggest a faulty flowmeter is the most likely suspect.

The flowmeter sends a pulse to the controller for each rotation. The controller counts the pulses to determine the volume of water dispensed.

A lack of pulses could be due to the rotor being jammed by scale or other foreign matter such as thread tape or by a faulty sensor. Thorough descaling is the first thing to try. If that does not fix it then you could open up the flowmeter to have a look. It would also be a good idea to check the connections from the sensor to the controller. If no obvious reason is found then a new flowmeter may be needed.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby bruceb » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:25 pm

Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby dr.chris » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:12 am

You will have seen everything that we have. The model I have is about 5 years old I think. I did program in one of the buttons to do the 100ml/ hot water extraction before sticking the coffee in but do all of my espresso's by eye rather than relying on the doseage buttons.

The green light will blink if the pump is struggling (And yes I have a new pump sitting in a box and need to fit it)

A green light will also come on when the reservoir is full.

Cakeboy is the main source of Lovely Anna related info here. Outside, if you get stuck, its worth trying Scott at HappyDonkey. He is a good source for Anna related spares
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

Return to Espresso