Mazzer Mini Electronic Model A OR Model B ?????

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Mazzer Mini Electronic Model A OR Model B ?????

Postby Muko » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:46 am

Hy
What is the difference between both and which model would you prefer!Does the model B have a possibility to grind manual( continously)?

Mod. A : Push botton panel operating device OR

Mod. B: Filter-holder operating device

thanks
marco
Muko

Postby Raf » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:22 am

As far as I know, the only difference is the color. The Mini E always has a possibility to grind manually, and there's always a sort of fork for the PF to rest upon while you're grinding. I'm really happy with my E, but Joey seems to have some problems of static with hers.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Muko » Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:29 am

There are 2 models for sure.They are also listed on the Mazzer HP
It is difficult to find reviews of the Mod. B,therefore I wote this question in a slight hope to get a answer!
Muko

Postby Raf » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:08 am

Ah, now I get it. It seems like one of them has buttons on the lid of the funnel, and the other one has buttons near the fork where the PF rests on (model B). I think they only sell the model with the buttons on the lid anymore, because it's newer, and anyway it looks nicer. Henk told me that he wouldn't stock the 'model B', but he liked the model A.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Muko » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:18 pm

Your description on A are right,but as far as I know doesn't the model B have buttons but works by touching upon the Filter holter!That means one tip with the PF on the fork and it goes on!But how to grind a double dose?Tipping two times?And how to grind continously??
Muko

Postby Raf » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:17 pm

I suggest you PM Henk (Henkespresso, you can find him in the member list) and ask him: he should know those things. Or maybe, Henk, you can post the answer here?

Raf
Founder Member

Postby Muko » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:54 am

I recived an answer from a friend who asked Mazzer!Thanks javadog

This is from Mazzer:
"Mini electronic is a grinder on demand; this means you grind when you need it and therefore the coffee is always fresh and keeps its organoleptic properties.
It is ideal for single origin coffee, decaf or wherever there is a low need to grind.
It takes 5 seconds to grind 7 grams (the single dose) and therefore 10 secs. for 14 grams.
The single and the double dose are with independent adjustments. Doses can be adjusted from 4 till 19 grams.

We have two versions of Mini electronic: mod. A and mod. B

With Mini electronic mod. A on the top of the doser/funnel there is a panel with 3 push buttons (one for single dose, one for the double dose, and one for continuous grinding)

Mini electronic mod. B has no push buttons but just one device which gets activated by using the filter holder. If the filter holder pushes the device once, you get the single dose, if the filter holder pushes the device twice you get the double dose. If you keep pressing the device you get a continous grinding.

Both can be in either silver or in black colours.

Luca Maccatrozzo
Export Manager"
Muko

Postby Raf » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:42 am

I have model A - I don't see any reason to go with Model B, actually. Seems a bit complicated.

Raf
Founder Member

Postby Beanie » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:52 am

I have model A too. I like it just fine. I think I'd have to many accidental "pushings" with model B. Although I do like the idea :) Not that I need to, but I sometime like to move the PF around to catch the grounds. Whatever it is , unless you're using it in a commercial setting, I think you could be happy with either.
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Return to Espresso