Bezzera Strega

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Bezzera Strega

Postby daveyb » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:31 pm

Hi
are there any fellow Strega owners on here?
Regards
Daveyb
daveyb

RE: Bezzera Strega

Postby bruceb » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:20 pm

TMC member Zapti had one (I'm pretty sure it was the Strega), but he doesn't show up around these parts much anymore. Lovely machine.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby daveyb » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:22 am

I think I am the first UK owner that Bella Barista have sold one to. It arrived yesterday. Will post some impressions really soon
Regards
Daveyb
daveyb

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:00 am

Yes please, pics too if possible :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby daveyb » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:20 pm

In a hurry right now, but here is a taster!
Regards
Daveyb
daveyb

Postby daveyb » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:21 pm

I could not find my other lens for the wider shots, but will do tomorrow
Regards
Daveyb
daveyb

Postby simonp » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:28 pm

Nice 8)
Profitec 700 dual boiler
Isomac Rituale
Mazzer Mini
Mahlkonig Vario
Chemex
Aeropress
2 Bodum press pots
Hottop updated to a B with Compuetr control
Imex roaster, dimmer mod on heater (under spare bed)
Rival popper, with split motor and dimmer mod on heater (retired)
simonp

Postby GreenBean » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:21 am

That looks gorgeous. :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:44 am

Oh my, that is beautiful! :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby daveyb » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:36 pm

First impressions are good.....the machine is under £1300 so the finishing in one or two areas is naff, but that does not affect the coffee! I bought this for the following reason.........when you bring the levr down, a vibe pump kicks in and fills the group head. that allows you to do two things. firstly, control how much water goes into the group. this means that you can determine the bar pressure, so that you can make the machine mimic the shot pattern of other machines, which basically means determining the amount of spring or pump assiatnce on the shot.
It also means, for example, if you want to pull a ristretto.....we know that a ristretto is the extraction from the start of the puck, but on an E61 you can only control this by either turning the button on or off. With the Strega, you can watch the flow, especially the dark colour and then to maximise the extraction of the part you want, you can raise stop the lever from rasing meaning that it is purely pressure extracting, which causes the flow to slow down allowing you to stretch out the part of the shot you want. If you think that sounds like *ollocks, then I have not explained it very well!
Visit this Jim Schulman link and watch the second and third video clips, and prepare to be amazed!
http://www.home-barista.com/reviews/bez ... 18933.html
Regards
Daveyb
daveyb

Return to Espresso