Possible for Sale : Versalab M3

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Possible for Sale : Versalab M3

Postby EricC » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:59 pm

Now that you have put your eyeballs back in.

OE Pharos now Sold.

I am also thinking of selling my Versalab M3 grinder. It is fully updated with the very latest upgrades so is indistinguishable from the current version, all replaced parts will be included along with spare flat burrs and a spare belt and adjustment scale.

I am posting to see if there is any interest on the forum.

I have not yet thought of a price for either of the grinders and can also say that both are in perfect working order. If you are interested please contact me at my e-mail address

eric DOT calderwood AT btinternet DOT com

As enquiring minds usually need to know, I am thinking of buying an Elektra Nino again. :shock:

Happy Easter.

All the Best
Eric
Last edited by EricC on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
KvdW Speedster, Versalab M3/4, Kafatek Monolith MAX
EricC

RE: Possible for Sale : Pharos and Versalab M3

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:01 pm

I love it when you get upgraditis or sidegradeitis Eric :)

Stickying this. As mentioned in previous threads, for anyone interested who does not know him, Eric is a compete joy to deal with and anyone could procede with absolute confidence.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

RE: Possible for Sale : Pharos and Versalab M3

Postby lukas » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:44 pm

droooooool :)
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby EricC » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:38 am

Many thanks Cakey. :D

I hope you are having an excellent Easter.

All the best
Eric
EricC

Postby EricC » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:39 am

Thanks Lukas. :wink:
EricC

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:44 am

Hot cross buns! Nom, nom, nom, nom :shock: :) Sorry! Seasonal baked goods outburst. Am okay now, nothing to see here, mind you don't slip on the crumbs :roll: :)

Thanks Eric, I hope you are having a lovely break :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

M3 Still available?

Postby broederen » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:06 pm

Hi

Is the M3 available for sale?

Cheers,

Broederen
broederen

Re: M3 Still available?

Postby EricC » Tue May 07, 2013 7:13 am

broederen wrote:Hi

Is the M3 available for sale?

Cheers,

Broederen

Hi,

Apologies for the late response.

I still have the M3, i am now undecided whether to sell it or not.

I will update the thread if it is definitely up for sale, but for now it is withdrawn.

All the best
Eric
EricC

Postby GreenBean » Tue May 07, 2013 8:17 am

I will unsticky this for now, Eric. If you decide to sell the M3 just update this thread and I will sticky it again for you.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby icke » Tue May 07, 2013 7:21 pm

ha, i opened this thread as i'm curious about the m3 but seeing that you might consider it over the elektra nino, makes me even more curious. how do you think they compare? the only thing that annoys me with my nino is the amount of coffee waste that's created between grinding sessions (5 - 10g) and its inability to single dose. so what made you consider the nino over the M3 then?

cheers,
olaf
Black KvdW Speedster / Arrarex Caravel / Elektra Nino / Vario / Huky 500 / and a bunch of less frequently used things...
LMWDP #386
icke

Postby EricC » Sat May 11, 2013 4:27 pm

Many thanks GB. :wink:
EricC

Postby EricC » Sat May 11, 2013 4:35 pm

I had both a few years ago and actually prefer the shots from the Nino with it being a pure conical as a hybrid like the M3. I have the Nino single button set for the absolute minimum time, 1 second and use this to purge the grinder if i have not had a shot for a while. I only drink doubles so actually only use the double shot button in normal use. I have only just re purchased a Nino after realising how much i missed it. I did use a Pharos for a while and this got me back to conical only, but i'm lazy and grinding multiple shots with the Pharos was not a particularly quick process.
As i posted above i do like to have a backup though. :wink:

All the best
Eric
EricC

Postby icke » Mon May 13, 2013 8:23 pm

my routine with the nino is identical except for the first shot in the morning, which most of the time get's 2 seconds of purging = about 10g. i think there are quite a few cracked beans sitting between those burs which won't make it through during one second. but the waste does annoy me a bit, hence my interest into something like the M3 or perhaps rather the HG1.

bit off-topic, i know but do you do have an extra distribution routine after grinding? when simply grinding and tamping straight into the basket, i get a bit uneven extractions, being quite a bit slower in the front than the back. i tried a bit of WDT, using just an OE dosing funnel instead of a yogurt container but it didn't really seem to help a great deal. at least with the VST baskets i still find it hard to get even extractions.
following bruce and michael7's advice has helped a bit but since i have your attention as a fellow nino user, i thought i'd ask :)

thanks,
olaf
Black KvdW Speedster / Arrarex Caravel / Elektra Nino / Vario / Huky 500 / and a bunch of less frequently used things...
LMWDP #386
icke

Postby EricC » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:49 pm

icke wrote:bit off-topic, i know but do you do have an extra distribution routine after grinding?
thanks,
olaf

Hi Olaf,

Apologies for the extremely late response. :oops:

When the Nino is grinding and the grounds are falling into the basket i move the portafilter back and forwards and side to side so as to get an pyramid of grounds in the centre of the basket. I then tap the portafilter on my tamping stand a couple of times and then tamp. Usually this gives a nice even pour. :D

Once again apologies for the late response.

All the best
Eric
EricC

Postby GreenBean » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:53 am

Hi Eric, it is good to see you around here. :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Next

Return to Espresso