Eureka Mythos

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:38 am

GreenBean wrote:8) I need another coffee now. :wink:

Exactly what it did to me too! :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby dsc » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi Dave,

curious how you're liking the size and the angle at which the LCD is mounted? it is a rather massive grinder and so for most counter space will be an issue.

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

Postby daveyb » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi DSC,
I am 6'2 tall, so for me, the angle of the lcd is just fine, though I see your point about it. I beleive you can adjust the lighting on the Mythos for display and also the light that shines under the pf holder, so in theory you could use her in the dark. She is not as big as you think. I am a home user (yes I know, overkill, but, this really is a special machine. I had a K30 before and IMHO, this is far better) and for me, as you can see I have plenty of bench space. I can move it closer to the L1 if you want some more photos. Of course, it is massive compared to a Super Jolly, but it is very angular with clean lines.......have you ever experienced one? It is a shame it is not as pretty as the Mignon, but I can live with that!
Regards
Daveyb
daveyb

re

Postby dsc » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:15 pm

Hi Dave,

thanks for your reply.

The reason I was asking those questions is mostly because the grinder I'm desiging is roughly the same size as the Mythos and I have the same idea for moutning the LCD. I thought I'd do some research by asking a first hand user:)

Would you find it more handy if the LCD was mounted so that the angle at which it sits is adjustable (ie. swivel mount)?

Regards,
dsc.

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

Postby daveyb » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi Dsc
I think to build in any flexibility into a design is a good idea. If I was not the size I am, then I would be able to tell you more! I can say that the lcd panels to me, always read the best when on an angle, as this one is, but being on a swivel could make a difference giving you best usage to a wider range of people!
Regards
Daveyb
daveyb

Postby dsc » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:09 pm

Hi Dave,

thanks for your thoughts, have fun with the Mythos!

Regards,
dsc.

dsc

Previous

Return to Espresso