Ibertial L'anna tripping mains power RCD on power up! HELP

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Ratters » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Ok so...

I've managed to break the grey cut of switch cable as the crust within the element was holding it in.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Ill order an element and this at the same time?

Bugger!
Ratters

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Our element looked like that when it went. Worse in fact. When you buy an element, ask for the thick white ceramic gasket, it is better than the original thinner greenish type.
Last edited by CakeBoy on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:59 pm

Ratters wrote:Ok so...

I've managed to break the grey cut of switch cable as the crust within the element was holding it in.

Bugger!

That's what we did. They are horrible to get out. Scott supplied ours. You need to ask for a thermal safety switch and probe. It comes as a single item.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby boldham » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:38 am

Ratters wrote:Ok so...

Bugger!

FYI, the previous owner of my Anna replaced heating element with one without a thermowell for the probe. You might ask to make sure your replacement element has one. Good luck!
boldham

Postby Ratters » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:02 pm

Thanks everyone for their input, parts arrived today and i had them replaced within 20 mins and have the machine up and running!!

I still have a leak out of the bottom of the hx see my other post , i think it is the three way valve but can any explain how to get to the valve?

Do I take the complete hx apart?

Thanks all again

Paul
Ratters

Postby boldham » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:37 pm

Ratters wrote:Thanks everyone for their input, parts arrived today and i had them replaced within 20 mins and have the machine up and running!!

I still have a leak out of the bottom of the hx see my other post , i think it is the three way valve but can any explain how to get to the valve?

Thanks all again

Paul

Hey Paul, can you just tighten things a bit? I know that after replacing the anti-vacuum valve on mine, the threads below were leaking. A little pressure with a wrench and the leak stopped.
boldham

Postby GreenBean » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:17 am

Ratters wrote:Thanks everyone for their input, parts arrived today and i had them replaced within 20 mins and have the machine up and running!!

Congratulations on getting you machine up and running again, Paul. :D

Ratters wrote:I still have a leak out of the bottom of the hx see my other post , i think it is the three way valve but can any explain how to get to the valve?

Thanks all again

Paul

Hopefully someone with experience of the L'Anna can provide help on this. A link to the other post you refer to and photos may help.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:37 am

Sorry Paul, been offline for a while. Have you managed to get into the solenoid or do you still need a hand? It is hidden behind the plate in the middle beneath the head, which is released by removing a screw accessible from above inside the machine just above the head looking down if I reember correctly. You probably have a bit of scale in there.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby Ratters » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:05 pm

Thanks again , ill have a go at taking it apart again and will take some pics..
Ratters

Previous

Return to Espresso