Where can I get new gauges for my Quick Mill Andreja ??

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Where can I get new gauges for my Quick Mill Andreja ??

Postby PhilSmith » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Hi,

My Quick mill Andreja is very poorly, loads of things wrong with it which i will bore you with in later posts :D
First things I need to replace are the gauges on the front of the machine.
The boiler pressure gauge won't return to zero, its rest point when cold is 1.5 bar then goes of the scale when it warms up and the brew pressure one has started to leak inside and is now rusty and stuck solid at 6 bar :oops:

I ordered a some replacements from Bellabarista but they aren't right, the label says they are from an Izzo, they don't stock any other kind ?
My gauges have a screw fitting on the back the Bellabarista one has the copper pipe already soldered on to it, and both copper pipes on my machine are much longer than the ones supplied so they won't reach the connector on the boiler, even if I undo all the coils, which seems a daft idea as they must be there for a reason. What are the coils for ???? Does the length of copper pipe make a difference?? (New bellabarista one on the left)

They actual gauges themselves are correct, both are the same diameter and identical dials, it's just the the connections on the back that are different, but as the new one is soldered I can't simply swap them over.
I can get a correct set from the states but shipping/tax and vat will make them super expensive and I'm already up to £150 on bits so need to keep any further spend to a minimum.
Any ideas where to source a pair of correct ones from?

Cheers

Phil
Andreja Premium
Mazzer Mini E
Espro Tamper
PhilSmith

Postby GreenBean » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:52 am

Hi Phil, it is good to see you around here again. It looks to me as though the new gauges will fit and probably leave one coil or so in place. Why not try it and see?

Traditionally small bore pipework is coiled to provide a neat, tidy method of stress relief. That is thermal expansion or any movement of one end will not over stress the other end as the coil allows movement with low applied force. In cases such as this the coil allows the same gauge to be used with different routing of the pipework on different machines. Another reason for the coils is to allow for packing in a small box.

In your case you can uncoil the pipe from either or both ends to leave the remaining coil in a clear space within the machine. Provided there is some bend or coil left in the pipe so that it is not pulled tight between the connections it will be fine.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby Filipo » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:56 am

Hi Phil,
I know we have new gauges from quickmill in stock as well as other bits . If you can email us we can get back to you with prices and any parts drawing you require.
Best regards
Filipo
Info@ferrari-espresso.com is our email address . I'm new on this site but slowly getting the hang of it: ) 8)
Filipo

Return to Espresso