Descaling a Izzo Vivi ?

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Descaling a Izzo Vivi ?

Postby Chivalry » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Anyone got a simple to follow instructions on how to descale the Izzo Vivi ?
mines been off for a long time.... maybe even 2 years!!!) and have fired it up for xmas and want to give it a good descale / clean.. but cant find the very usefull guide bella barrista provided when i bought the machine.. Cheers :)
Chivalry

Postby dwalsh1 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:07 pm

Try this web site. I used it when I had a Duetto.
http://coffeetime.wikidot.com/
faema E61/mazzer major, elektra nino.
dwalsh1

Postby Chivalry » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:41 pm

well .. descaled it... but no matter how many times i empty and refill the tank with fresh water i just cant seem to lose the blue tinge to the water!!

Must be past 20 tanks so far and its still comming out blue!
Chivalry

Postby qwerty69 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:06 am

Mine sprung a leak a long time ago and I think a good due scale may help but have never been confident to go at it with Citric Acid / cleaning solution as I'm not 100% on the process.

What process did you follow and did you manage to get clear water coming through?
Izzo Vivi : Mazzer Super Jolly (cleaned with Puly Grind) : Aeropress : Francis Francis X5 (going back in to storage) : Iberital MC2 (broken)
qwerty69

Postby Chivalry » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:24 pm

I heated the machine to brew temp... them switched it off and let the pressure in the tank force the water through the hot water tap into a jug... about 500ml came out..

Then added 50g of descaler to that water... added a further 400ml of cold water to the jug then put the water drawing pipes into that jug and turned the machine on... which then drew the descaler solution into the tank,,,, opened the steam wand for 15 secs to get some in there once it was up to temp,,, and the same for the hot water dispenser.. then ran it through the grouphead for 45 secs or so

then turned it off and let it sit for an hour or so...

after that its just been a case of filling the water tank with clean water... turning it on.. letting it draw clean water in and then once up to temp,,, turning off and opening the hot water tap and letting the internal pressure force the water out....

rinse and repeat..
Chivalry

Return to Espresso