Thinking about upgrading.

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Thinking about upgrading.

Postby repeat » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Hi All,

I've had my Alex Duetto MKII about 2 years now and I'm seriously considering selling it and buying a Speedster. The looks, build and the features are making it impossible to resist.
For those of you with a Speedster, what's it like to live with day to day? Anything that is a pain or you wish was different?

Thanks!
repeat

Postby double_shot » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:08 am

double_shot

Postby repeat » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:48 am

Lol. Was almost scared to click the links. I saw that article but was hoping for comments from the folks from Europe. Especially icke as I think his is paired with a Nino (which I also have - bought from EricC). Was also hoping for a picture or two beside the Nino!
repeat

Postby double_shot » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:16 am

repeat wrote:Lol. Was almost scared to click the links. I saw that article but was hoping for comments from the folks from Europe. Especially icke as I think his is paired with a Nino (which I also have - bought from EricC). Was also hoping for a picture or two beside the Nino!

I thought you would probably be aware of that article it was more for the benefit of visitors. :)
double_shot

Postby repeat » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:51 pm

I've gone and ordered the mirrored stainless steel version. Will arrive in a couple of months. Very excited about it!
repeat

Postby GreenBean » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:11 am

repeat wrote:I've gone and ordered the mirrored stainless steel version. Will arrive in a couple of months. Very excited about it!

Oh that is exciting news. 8) Please post lots of photos and let us know your thoughts on it after you have had a chance to get to know it. :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby repeat » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Will do. Won't arrive until the middle of November. I almost as excited about the fact it will be fully plumbed in. Plan to leave it on 24x7 and pack away the kettle.
repeat

Postby double_shot » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:10 am

repeat wrote:I've gone and ordered the mirrored stainless steel version. Will arrive in a couple of months. Very excited about it!

Nice one hope it meets your expectations, enjoy.
double_shot

Return to Espresso