De scaling La Pavoni PUB 1 EM

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

De scaling La Pavoni PUB 1 EM

Postby MGPB1936 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:21 pm

Forgot to ask in previous post the best way to descale my La Pavoni PUB 1 EM.....any advice will be most welcome.

Regrds
Richard
MGPB1936

Re: De scaling La Pavoni PUB 1 EM

Postby GreenBean » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:55 am

MGPB1936 wrote:Forgot to ask in previous post the best way to descale my La Pavoni PUB 1 EM.....any advice will be most welcome.

Regrds
Richard

The best and safest advice is to dismantle the machine and descale the parts separately. Attempting to descale the machine without dismantling involves safety and other risks some of which are:

1. Mixing acid, water, heat and mains electricity can obviously be a significant safety issue.
2. Descaling can result in flakes of scale becoming dislodged and blocking various orifices which can be difficult to diagnose and fix.
3. Removal of the acid after descaling is difficult to achieve.

Despite these issues some people do descale without dismantling. If you wish to follow this path then I would suggest you search this and other forums for advice. Some previous TMC posts regarding descaling a La Pavoni PUB and the issues to consider are here and here.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Return to Espresso