Izzo Vivi

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby GreenBean » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:07 pm

dekis wrote:I have a Vivi MKII and run it at 1.0-1.1 bar. Your current setting would mean the boiler is at 92C (right?) which is a little low I think?

The gauge reads pressure above ambient. A gauge pressure of 0.75 bar is equivalent to a boiler temperature of about 116 C.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby qwerty69 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:28 pm

Actually it's just above 0.75 probably around .80-.85 so I'm in the right ballpark.

Had two espressos today and both were quite good. Not my best but its been a while.
Izzo Vivi : Mazzer Super Jolly (cleaned with Puly Grind) : Aeropress : Francis Francis X5 (going back in to storage) : Iberital MC2 (broken)
qwerty69

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:00 am

So glad it is finally back and working! Enjoy :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby qwerty69 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Sorry to post on this thread again, but I'm confused and don't know if I have a problem or not.

Since getting my Vivi back it's been showing .8 - .85 on the gauge but I turned it on today and intended to get it up to temp and have some espresso but didn't get round to it and simply left the machine on.

When I looked a second ago the temp was showing as just on the green or 1.0. I've never seen the vivi do this as since getting it back its always shown .8 - .85

Should I be concerned?
Izzo Vivi : Mazzer Super Jolly (cleaned with Puly Grind) : Aeropress : Francis Francis X5 (going back in to storage) : Iberital MC2 (broken)
qwerty69

Postby bruceb » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:08 pm

I would just bleed it down and let it steam back up and see where the pressure is. It may have just bone slightly over the set pressure. If it doesn't go over 1.0 or so I wouldn't worry about it.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby qwerty69 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:37 pm

It's looking like its sitting around 0.95 now. I've drawn some water off through the water outlet and have opened up the steam wand which brought the pressure down a bit. It went back to 0.95 though.

My issue I suppose is that this just shows how little i know as I'm happy when things stay the same but when this sort of variance creeps in I'm at a loss to tell why.

Im correct that with the pressure at 0.95 the water temp will be warmer?!?

Could this just be the new valve breaking in?
qwerty69

Postby bruceb » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:33 pm

If a new valve was installed it may well be set for a higher pressure. Yes, your boiler temperature will be higher, but this does not imply a higher brew temperature.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby qwerty69 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:20 am

I'm not too concerned as initially when I got the machine back I thought that the gauge should have shown 1.0 but was too low.

I think I'm just wondering what has changed as it's been reading 0.85 since I got it back (around three weeks ago) but today it was 0.95 and then maxed out on 1.0 and stayed there?!?
qwerty69

Postby qwerty69 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:01 pm

On the increase again. The gauge is now sitting midway between 1 and 1.25. I'm starting to think there's something wrong with the new valve that was fitted?!?

Any thoughts?
qwerty69

Previous

Return to Espresso