[FOR SALE] Elektra T1 with all the goodies - proper info

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

[FOR SALE] Elektra T1 with all the goodies - proper info

Postby dsc » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:06 am

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since my last login here:) finally managed to go through all my coffee equipment and decided that I hardly ever drink espresso nowadays. Sad I know, but for now brewed coffee keeps me happy and so I've pulled the trigger and completely disassembled my TMFR based pressure profiling system, which left me with a spare Elektra T1:) I'm sure there's plenty of crazy espresso enthusiasts out there (or so I hope) who would be more than willing to have a play with it, even without the pressure profiling system, so I thought I would advertise here. So lets get straight to it...

For sale is an Elektra T1 in mint condition, it's a 2006 model, which I bought of ebay and played around with it to no end. It's been heavily modified and comes with loads of goodies:

- hand made (by Dave from HB) wooden handles for PFs and steam / hot water valves

- industrial (stainless steel coated) thermocouple on the boiler which replaces the original pressure switch. This means dead quiet operation and solid pressure in the boiler

- wire thermocouple mounted under the group head bell, which allows for constant temperature monitoring of brewing water (handy during extraction and when cooling down the group / HX)

- two PID controllers, mounted in a nice black, metal box. One shows the group TC temperature, the other controls the boiler pressure (via temperature)

- an SSR mounted inside the machine (with a thermal pad for increased heat radiation) which turns the heater on/off to keep the boiler pressure steady (works with a PID and the boiler TC)

- the pump has been removed from the machine and is now ready to be used outside, mounted under your kitchen tabletop etc.

- Synesso steam tip, with 4 holes (one plugged, so 3 available)

- boiler insulation made from melamine foam, which has great thermal insulation capabilities

- slightly modified and rerouted cabling, added cable ties, cable sleeves etc. the internals tidied up a bit

The machine comes with two (original) PFs, one normal, one naked, various baskets and spare parts (gaskets, group jets etc.) It's been on for the last few days, brewing coffee and working flawlessly, cleaned properly before packing it for storage, polished and prepared for shipping.

I know this will sound like your regular 'trying to sell smth' bs, but the machine is really beautiful. I actually had a moment, after cleaning it and all the preparations for photos, when I thought to myself 'maybe I should keep it?' Unfortunately limited space and not drinking espresso forces me to sell, otherwise I'd seriously consider packing it away for better days to come. I guarantee that this will once and for all treat your upgrade-itis:)

Price: 1250GBP + shipping (machine is in the UK).

Photos:

http://photobucket.com/elektra_for_sale

Regards,
dsc.
Last edited by dsc on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

RE: [FOR SALE] Elektra T1 with all the goodies - proper info

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:22 am

Great to see you dsc. Stickying. Good luck with the sale :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby darrensandford » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi dsc! Good to hear from you again!
darrensandford

Postby dsc » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi guys

nice to be back!:) I might start posting a bit more in the upcoming months, we'll see how it goes.

For now I've updated the thread with a link to some photos, not the best-est ones, but hopefully good enough to show how awesome the machine is.

Regards,
dsc.

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

Postby dsc » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:14 pm

This is sold now.

Regards,
T.

dsc

Postby GreenBean » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:03 am

Thanks for letting us know. I will unsticky this now.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby dsc » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:20 pm

Cheers GreenBean!

Regards,
T.

dsc

Return to Espresso