Izzo Vivi problem

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Izzo Vivi problem

Postby Cattytown » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:46 pm

I have a Vivi that I have had for a couple of years, bought used.

It has a couple of times now just sat there hissing steam, which I presume is the OPV. The pressure gauge was reading at the top of the gauge.

I am presuming pressure stat?

After a power down and open of valves to let off the pressure, it seems OK,

Am I righ in the idea that it's the pressure stat? If so where is the best/quickest place to get one? What is involved in replacing it?

Thanks,
Paul.
Iberital MC2
Izzo Vivi
Cattytown

Postby GreenBean » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi Paul, it could well be the pressure stat but also check out this thread for other possibilities.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby Cattytown » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Thanks for that link - I have recently done a descale despite having really soft water round here. Might be worth trying taking the stat off and cleaning out the link pipe.

I'll order a stat anyway - this time of year will always be a lottery when it will arrive but I hav more chance of getting it the sooner I order.

If anyone has any tips on getting the stat off/on while still having a seal afterwards I would appreciate them!

Paul.
Iberital MC2
Izzo Vivi
Cattytown

Return to Espresso