Interesting startup project.

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Interesting startup project.

Postby webjames » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi guys, i'm not associated with this project, i just wanted to get your thoughts before i part with some cash.
It sounds like a great project. but there are two things that worry me:
1: it just using a thermoblock - no boiler.
2: it'll need a 'converter' to ensure the voltage is correct - i'm from the UK (240v)

Here a link to the project:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zpm ... so-machine

Does it seem like it might be worth it?

All the best,
James
webjames

Postby double_shot » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:23 am

For 200 bucks I would take a punt if I were in the market for a small domestic machine.

They seem pretty enthusiastic and passionate about their coffee which can only be a good thing.

According to their updates they are considering a 240v version. I would imagine there would be more than enough people in Europe interested to persuade them.

This update is going to address our plans for our production schedule, so it applies to everyone. We know it’s long, but we wanted to be as clear about everything as possible, so please bear with us. (The second issue is deciding whether to make a 240V international version of the machine, and we’re working on an update about that, too - sit tight!)

They are also supplying finished machines to people in the order of their pledges so you would be some way down the list at this stage. Which means that you will have the benefit of improvements made after the machines have been out in the wild. They have also made it clear that pledges can be rescinded if the lead time is too excessive given the unexpected demand.

We understand that this might be a problem for some of you who have already backed us, and we want you to know that you’re able to rescind your pledge if you rather not support at this stage of the project, and that’s fine - no hard feelings!

Seems reasonable.

200.00 USD = 128.859 GBP
US Dollar 1 USD = 0.644293 GBP British Pound 1 GBP = 1.55209 USD

Is £130 going lead to a divorce if it's not up to snuff? Do you want to be a trail blazer or would you rather not take any risks?

There doesn't seem to be enough information on their thermoblock design for anyone to make an informed comment at this stage.

Seems like a cool project to me and a unique proposition. 8)
double_shot

Return to Espresso