ZPM Crowdsourced PID machine

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby bruceb » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:08 pm

What's the problem with aluminium?
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby Bombcup » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:06 am

Take the HX feed from the cold tank and stick a flojet in the tea urn for the boiler fill. Ghetto GB5 innit.
Bombcup

Postby lukas » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:52 pm

I believe it was aluminium.

edit: They spoke of patenting their thermo block design, and I'm sure somebody has told them that providing a video on the internets of a thing you're going to patent, but have not yet patented, might not be the smartest thing to do.
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby lsjms » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:28 am

Happy New Year all.

Bruce, it seems to corrode a lot in coffee machines especially when joined to brass. I have a hardly used microcimbali - wrecked by (imo) sloppy care and poor material choices. Little gaggias corrode and I've bought broken 2yo krups machine for the vibe pump.
If your set up for casting why not just have a nice copper hx stuck in an alu block.

I like the Ghetto GB5, much less fraught than turning the gas torch on the Mirage boiler!
lsjms

Previous

Return to Espresso