Vibiemme commercial machine needs to be revived

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Vibiemme commercial machine needs to be revived

Postby Dutchexpress » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:43 pm

Bought a project, 1 group commercial Vibiemme.
Hooked it on 220v but alas, only part of it works. The electronic touch pad doesn't get powered, wiring is scuffed and I'm missing the top tray to put the cups on.
Nevertheless I'm trying to get it up and running again.
So I hooked it up to 220V, and the pump is activated when pushing the button (right side of touch pad). I don't know yet if the boiler warms, need to check that.
But like I said the touch pad doesn't get powered. The wiring leads to the electronic Cubic box. The fuse inside is still ok, It gets main power 220v, but from there onwards, nothing See pictures Image
Inside the Cubic nothing looks fried, but on top of the box a small chrome knob pops out. I don't know what it is?

So what's the verdict and how to proceed.

Willem
Faema Express VBM Dosaplus Fiorenzato Mestre
Dutchexpress

RE: Vibiemme commercial machine needs to be revived

Postby lsjms » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:37 pm

Yuck. The brain in that machine will be 22 years young in a few months. You might be best to bank on several new parts.

Is that button to the right a manual brew button? Which is working?

If so, good, put the panel in the bin and proceed to testing the element, water flow and general scaliness etc. Looks like you will need to do some wiring if the loom is damaged.

I am sure someone with the electronics-fu will chime in wiht how to test the brain and touch panel.
lsjms

Return to Espresso