Servicing an Expobar Leva. DIY or leave it to the experts?

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Servicing an Expobar Leva. DIY or leave it to the experts?

Postby canta_brian » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:36 am

Hi all,

I have an office leva which has started to drip during extraction from the join of the on off lever. (see picture)

Additionally the OP valve is really noisy. Now I have never taken off the big nut at the top of the machine. Do I go ahead and get out my spanner or do I leave this to the pros. If the latter, anyone suggest a pro near to Southampton (UK)?

Finally the on/off rocker switch is feeling a bit dodgy at the moment. Used to be a lovely click, now it sticks out a bit further on one side than the other and feels almost grainy.

Any ideas appreciated.
Attachments
leva.jpg
leva.jpg (29.75 KiB) Viewed 2742 times
canta_brian

Postby JankSolid » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Sounds like it's due a full service.

You can do it yourself if you are mechanically competent.

Otherwise, I'd be happy to do it for you. I'm London based.
JankSolid

Postby canta_brian » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:42 pm

I think a full service is definately in order. My machine is 4 years old and had an internal leak at one point (http://www.toomuchcoffee.com/index.php? ... 684d115880) a Couple of pics of a tube that melted internally and sprayed water all over the inside of my machine. I am out of the UK in late september. Maybe this is a good time to send a machine to London, although in the mean time maybe I should pull it apart myself and try and learn a bit more about how it works.
canta_brian

Return to Espresso