Where's everyone gone from this forum?

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Where's everyone gone from this forum?

Postby crphillips » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:17 pm

It always used to be a busy forum here. I've not been on for a while but it seems dead. Where's everyone gone?
La Pavoni Pub (Plumbed In)
Mazzer Mini E'
Gene Cafe
Vacu-Seal
crphillips

RE: Where

Postby DrTom » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:15 pm

Just eating some bread. Still here :)
DrTom

Postby Aadje » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:31 pm

A valid question, of which I am part.

I am trying to graduate . . . but I try to keep up here.
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby lukas » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:27 am

I spent a few years outside this space in a thing that people around me for some weird reason call 'real world'. Strange thing tho - all of a sudden my graduation got closer! And I still don't know how that ring with that J on it got on my finger!

:)

It's not only TMC, I believe most other coffee forums are more quiet then they used to be a few years ago. With the exception of two individuals on home-barista, there also seem to be way fewer flamefests than before - now the question is which caused what!

All the best,
Lukas
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:02 am

Still here eating muffins. I think FB and twitter have played a part too, though most of the usual suspects are rarely far away from the forums :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby bruceb » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:05 am

I have been struggling with minor health problems and due to the meds I'm taking coffee tastes bad, no matter how good it is. What a bummer. Food also tastes bad and I'm not allowed a drop of alcohol. Happy Days!
I have been doing a lot of roasting in the last weeks and it's a challenge when you have to depend upon feedback from others, but I haven't had any complaints, so there you go.
As Lukas said, coffee groups are pretty quiet these days, but these things tend to have their ups and downs. I read all posts, even if I don't have much to offer at the moment.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby geedee » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:07 pm

The last time I posted everyone was procrastinating and idolising cats ... so I guess a feline temple which has a delayed service time would be a good place to start looking ...

Sorry about the health problems Bruce ...
Life's uncertain, eat pudding first!
--------------------------------------
Wega Mini Nova - rotary , plumbed in
Macap 7 grinder
Old Monarch Deli Grinder
Gaggia MDF grinder (for sale)
3 presspots
2 mocha pots
geedee

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:29 pm

Yes, thinking of you Bruce. Not good :(
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Re: RE: Where

Postby GreenBean » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:23 pm

crphillips wrote:It always used to be a busy forum here. I've not been on for a while but it seems dead. Where's everyone gone?

I guess the regulars have, like me, been busy with other things recently. :oops: It is good to see that you guys have found time to post in this thread so that we know you are OK.

bruceb wrote:I have been struggling with minor health problems and due to the meds I'm taking coffee tastes bad, no matter how good it is. What a bummer. Food also tastes bad and I'm not allowed a drop of alcohol. Happy Days! .....

Sorry to hear that Bruce, I can not imagine life without the enjoyment of coffee. I hope you are soon off the meds and back to you normal self.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby bruceb » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:11 pm

GreenBean wrote:Sorry to hear that Bruce, I can not imagine life without the enjoyment of coffee. I hope you are soon off the meds and back to you normal self.

Hey, hey! The meds are supposed to keep me from going back to being my normal self! Image
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby GreenBean » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:39 am

bruceb wrote:
GreenBean wrote:Sorry to hear that Bruce, I can not imagine life without the enjoyment of coffee. I hope you are soon off the meds and back to you normal self.

Hey, hey! The meds are supposed to keep me from going back to being my normal self! Image

Oh no this is a slippery slope. If we allow one person around here to regain sanity where would it end? :shock: :?

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby bruceb » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:50 am

GreenBean wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Oh no this is a slippery slope. If we allow one person around here to regain sanity where would it end? :shock: :?

Sanity? Oh, I thought we were talking about the rubber duckies, the girlie boots and the leather shorts. :oops:
bruceb

RE: Re: RE: Where

Postby geedee » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:57 pm

Any chance of a group buy?
Life's uncertain, eat pudding first!
--------------------------------------
Wega Mini Nova - rotary , plumbed in
Macap 7 grinder
Old Monarch Deli Grinder
Gaggia MDF grinder (for sale)
3 presspots
2 mocha pots
geedee

Postby Aadje » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:46 pm

I've heard of Sanity, it's that new posh jewelry or something . . .
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby dr.chris » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:09 pm

I always had this idea for sanity bags - you put them over your head to calm down when small children really really start getting to you
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

Next

Return to Espresso