Where's everyone gone from this forum?

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:40 am

Great to see you FB, espresso kit or no espresso kit great coffee is still attainable. I think most people from the pre-credit crunch days are still lurking. Better financial days will return :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby propofolpete » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:52 pm

I'm still lurking about!
so it goes...

Gaggia. Aristarco. Grindenstien. Has beans. SQM.
propofolpete

Postby motoman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:40 am

Just got back from a couple of weeks in Cornwall, I was an evacuee there in 1940 and stayed for two years. Got back to London just in time to get blown up by Doodle Bug.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Postby Gwilym » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:14 pm

Still lurking.
Gwilym

Postby Cutepape » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:42 am

logged in today for the first time in a verry looooong time.. Finally got my life together in a new house and back in my home country.
Now when I have some more space I'll be getting back into the coffe scene and get myself a roaster :oops:
Izzo Alex - rotary monster in my Kitchen
Mazzer SJ - Alex monster buddy
Cutepape

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:31 pm

Gwil :) How are things? Good to see you!

Hey, Cutepape, welcome back :) You want a roaster? Give Has Bean a call, they'll probably let you have Steve! ;)

Clearly did you no harm that doodlebug, Pete ........... :roll: ;)

Good to see you Propofolpete :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby TrevorH » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:42 am

I'm still around, and still working as a barista every day!
I'm still lurking the forums and threads, trying to learn more,
and still blogging a little. I don't post, as tempted as I might be,
because it's been suggested here that I should experiment,
practice, and taste for myself, rather than asking questions ...so
that's what I try to do.
A lot of the other best coffee furums are similarly quiet at mo,
not sure why, doesn't seem to make sense!
:)
http://thebeanvagrant.wordpress.com/

Work: Astoria Plus4U 3grp/Modified Anfim Super GOD (dual-preset) with doser.
Home: Mahlkonig Tanzania/Hario 480ml Woodneck/Sowden Soft Brew small/01 and 02 cup sizes plastic Hario V60/Plastic 4-hole and ceramic 3 and 2 hole one cup flat bottomed pourovers/3-6 cup Chemex/Paico Pouring kettle/Hario TCA5 syphon/Aeropress/Cafetieres/Mypressi Twist/La Pavoni Europiccola pre 2000/Stainless steel stove-top/Rancilio Rocky doserless/Ditting KR1203 (sold).
TrevorH

Postby bruceb » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:15 pm

Yes, it does seem that the desire to share on the subject of coffee is not so great at the moment. I personally don't have a lot of observations at this time and thankfully no problems, so I just lurk and hope someone else will come up with something.

One thing I have noticed and find a bit disappointing is this: Members write in problems they have, a broken bolt, a non-functioning machine, water problems, etc., and other members then make suggestions and/or comments, but in the end we almost never find out whether the problem got solved and if so, how. It would really be useful to learn how things finally turned out.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby Bombcup » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:13 pm

^First post on the whole forum in 4 days :(

Hi, I have a lurk every now and then but working in the business means I can't really comment on cafes, the coffees I'm involved in or the coffees anyone else is working with.

Could be getting a bit saturated - brew guides are abundant and only the rarest machines are lacking a comprehensive rebuild guide. One big area that's not getting covered is people's thoughts on coffees they've enjoyed lately. Other than that we've cracked coffee. It's done.

Seriously though, it's not such a bad thing that the vacuum is not being filled with noise here. Have you looked at the big american site lately? More and more earnest mirthless chuntering and cod science revealing nothing at all.
Bombcup

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:57 pm

I kind of like it being more of a niche than 'the big thing' it was when everyone just had to have a machine at home. I think most people are still lurking around but as you say Bomb, it's pretty much all documented. Would quite like to have some more bean talk here though, there is always so much new stuff around. Totally prefer alchemy over 'cod science'.

I agree with Bruce, we rarely hear the result of problem threads.

Hi Trevor, good to see you are still peeping in :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby GreenBean » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:57 pm

Bombcup wrote:..... but working in the business means I can't really comment on cafes, the coffees I'm involved in or the coffees anyone else is working with.

.... Have you looked at the big american site lately? More and more earnest mirthless chuntering and cod science revealing nothing at all.

Considering your eloquent turn of phrase relating to that other site it may be a good thing that you refrain from commenting on competing cafes. :wink: :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby Aadje » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:36 am

It's good to see so many are still lurking :)
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby RobC » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:36 am

I was wondering this myself, but it seems crphillips beat me to it in the end. Actually it looks like the majority of people are still here, there is just not so much for them to reply to nowadays. We need more new blood, or at least a virgin sacrafice :twisted:
Long forgotton Tech and Coffee Equipment guru.
Twitter: @c0ff33a
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take a look at my life and realise there's none left 'Cause I've been brassing and laughing so long that Even my mamma thinks that my mind is gone
RobC

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:34 am

It makes such a mess ....... How about just letting Matt loose on a new machine and allowing nature to take its course? ;)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby Aadje » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:29 am

Well, if anyone got a spare virgin . . . :roll:

Maybe happydonkey?
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

PreviousNext

Return to Espresso