Where's everyone gone from this forum?

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Re: RE: Re: RE: Where

Postby GreenBean » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:03 am

bruceb wrote:Hey, hey! The meds are supposed to keep me from going back to being my normal self! Image

GreenBean wrote:Oh no this is a slippery slope. If we allow one person around here to regain sanity where would it end? :shock: :?

bruceb wrote:Sanity? Oh, I thought we were talking about the rubber duckies, the girlie boots and the leather shorts. :oops:

geedee wrote:Any chance of a group buy?
Aadje wrote:I've heard of Sanity, it's that new posh jewelry or something . . .
dr.chris wrote:I always had this idea for sanity bags - you put them over your head to calm down when small children really really start getting to you

It is good to see that, for TMC at least, normal service has now resumed. Where else could you get intellectual debate on this level? :lol:

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Where

Postby geedee » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:02 pm

It warms your heart doesn't it ...
Life's uncertain, eat pudding first!
--------------------------------------
Wega Mini Nova - rotary , plumbed in
Macap 7 grinder
Old Monarch Deli Grinder
Gaggia MDF grinder (for sale)
3 presspots
2 mocha pots
geedee

Postby Aadje » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:30 pm

It truly does :)
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Postby crphillips » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:24 pm

Well it looks like everyone is still around one way or another:-). Sorry Bruce to hear about your health..........meds that make coffee taste bad. That's sad indeed.
La Pavoni Pub (Plumbed In)
Mazzer Mini E'
Gene Cafe
Vacu-Seal
crphillips

Postby qwerty69 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:18 pm

As with others busy with things outside of coffee (work and family mainly), but I'm still trying to get to grips with my Izzo Vivi.
Izzo Vivi : Mazzer Super Jolly (cleaned with Puly Grind) : Aeropress : Francis Francis X5 (going back in to storage) : Iberital MC2 (broken)
qwerty69

Postby dr.chris » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:36 am

Yep - work and family are no respecters of our coffee odyssey (well - not unless you are in the business).

Its been a year of many changes for me, mostly bad (including the 'departure' of the subject of my avatar - low down in importance in the general scheme but difficult nonetheless) but one or two very good. Things could possibly be turning for the better at last tho, and Anna has always been there for me and the wife.

Talking of which I had a friend come over a few weeks ago. I told him he could meet Anna - he asked me if that was the wife's name....
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

Postby Joris » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:33 am

Still alive and drinking coffee, been very busy with the house, work and family matters. Today is a bit of a slow day at work so I found some time to log in.... almost couldn't believe it's been so long since last login... Anyways, good to see there's still the odd bunch of lunatics on the board scaring away all the sane folk ;)
Veni, Vidi, Imbibi Coffea !

Bezzera Lever Machine (customized)
Doserless Mazzer Major
"Juggernaut" Homebuilt Roaster
Aeropress, Vacpots, presspots and mokkapots
Joris

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Where

Postby DrTom » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:41 am

dr.chris wrote:Talking of which I had a friend come over a few weeks ago. I told him he could meet Anna - he asked me if that was the wife's name....

:D :D :D 8)
DrTom

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Where

Postby lukas » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:45 pm

Joris, you're alive as well! Heureka! :)

Busy with the house ... something I can totally relate to nowadays! When thinking of what I've done for, say, the last week, it always feels so little - and then I look at the garden or the house and smile because it looks so much better than before :)
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Where

Postby bruceb » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:11 pm

lukas wrote:Busy with the house ... something I can totally relate to nowadays! When thinking of what I've done for, say, the last week, it always feels so little - and then I look at the garden or the house and smile because it looks so much better than before :)

This is apparently a common phenomenon. We have been experiencing it for 6 years now. When we began I thought it would take 5 years for us to do the main reconstruction and remodeling work, but I didn't know then that we would have to replaster all of the walls of a 4-story house. It looks like we will finally meet our goal after 6 years, one year later than planned, but that's fine.

Often, when I look at the unfinished 3rd floor I think, "Where did the time go, what have we been doing?" But then we go back and look at the pictures that we have taken over the last 6 years and we know what we have been doing.

Taking lots and lots of pictures of your work, of the condition before and after, of you working on things makes it all much more satisfying because we tend to forget how bad things were when we began, or how much we have improved them. I have a complete archive of pictures, simply on the hard drive (with backups, of course) arranged by day, from July 2005 until July 2011, day-by-day, month-by-month, year-by-year. Then when I wonder where the time went I can just go back and look. It's also useful because you know how long ago you installed the bathroom sink or the electric wiring in the wall. If you take pictures of where the electrical distribution boxes and so on are you will also be very thankful later when you want to drill a hole in the wall and can't remember where you mustn't drill.

In any case, good luck to everyone who has undertaken a project like this or who just owns a house. It takes perseverance and a good bit of humour to survive the effort. :wink:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Where

Postby geedee » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:16 pm

I have just read your footnote Bruce (This month all coffee tastes like lye soap) I thought you had stopped drinking Illy ... :oops:
Life's uncertain, eat pudding first!
--------------------------------------
Wega Mini Nova - rotary , plumbed in
Macap 7 grinder
Old Monarch Deli Grinder
Gaggia MDF grinder (for sale)
3 presspots
2 mocha pots
geedee

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Where

Postby bruceb » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:07 pm

geedee wrote:I have just read your footnote Bruce (This month all coffee tastes like lye soap) I thought you had stopped drinking Illy ... :oops:

When you take methotrexate you might as well drink Illy. I have learned that I can drink any coffee as long as I put in an equal amount of sugar by weight. It's like drinking Golden Syrup with a kick.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Where

Postby Aadje » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:46 pm

Hey Joris! Good to hear from you!
Bits 'n' pieces . . .

This week I am mainly saying hello to old friends
Aadje

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Where

Postby icke » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:17 pm

bruceb wrote:
geedee wrote:I have just read your footnote Bruce (This month all coffee tastes like lye soap) I thought you had stopped drinking Illy ... :oops:

When you take methotrexate you might as well drink Illy. I have learned that I can drink any coffee as long as I put in an equal amount of sugar by weight. It's like drinking Golden Syrup with a kick.

my mother is taking mtx as (longterm) rheumatoid arthritis treatment. she's suffering from a constantly sore mouth which makes eating many things rather difficult. seems to have nasty side effects that stuff but i hope your indication is as 'benign'...
Black KvdW Speedster / Arrarex Caravel / Elektra Nino / Vario / Huky 500 / and a bunch of less frequently used things...
LMWDP #386
icke

Re: RE: Re: RE: Where

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:20 pm

GreenBean wrote:
It is good to see that, for TMC at least, normal service has now resumed. Where else could you get intellectual debate on this level? :lol:

I'm busy trying to work out what intellectual means .... and level too to be honest :oops: :wink:

Joris, a pleasure indeed :)

Doc C, so sorry about your loss. Very sad news indeed :cry:

Bruce, I wish it was not so, and that one day soon you will be able to taste your coffee properly again.

It is good to see so many old faces around :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

PreviousNext

Return to Espresso