Gaggia Coffee/Classic pump

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Gaggia Coffee/Classic pump

Postby Mattt » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:05 pm

Hi

Just joined to share a bit of info that may be useful to Coffee/Classic users.

The pump in my 9 or 10 year old 'Coffee' finally gave out recently, and after a bit of searching on the web, found this site and then another advertising a replacement pump from the (seemingly) only UK supplier.

Fine, except, this pump neither looked like nor had the same spec as the original -only being 48W instead of 65W - so there's me thinking, will a 48W pump advertised as 'should fit all Gaggai models' produce the full 17bars of pressure?? :roll: or last 9 or 10 years used at least 3 times a day 365 days of the year (I take it on holiday with me!)

So, I finally found a company in France who, for £40 inc postage via paypal sent me an identical pump (here's the pic of both old and new)
[img][img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2193/5800019710_87a25be7c8.jpg[/img][/img]

My machine now works as good as new, lovely crema on every cup.

They don't have a website, but the co is;
AET
elise@aet-us.com
request a CP3A pump ( 65W, 17 bars, 230V )

Hope this is usefull.

mattt
Mattt

RE: Gaggia Coffee/Classic pump

Postby bruceb » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:34 pm

Definitely useful information. Thanks for sharing.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:54 pm

Welcome Matt :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby triptogenetica » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:41 pm

Thanks Matt, awesome bit of knowledge, I wouldn't be surprised if someone searching for an answer to that question, sometime in the future, finds this TMC thread. The combined power of google, forums, and knowledgeable people :) .
Bezzera BZ35 (ex Gaggia Carezza)
Grinders - Iberital MC2, Bezzera BB105, Hario Skerton
Aeropress, Cona C, Hario MCA-5 and TCA-5 vacpots
Beans - Behmor homeroast
triptogenetica

Return to Espresso