Macap 7 grinder
Old Monarch Deli Grinder
Gaggia MDF grinder (for sale)
3 presspots
2 mocha pots
geedee

Postby bruceb » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:17 am

I will, herewith, show Mr. GB the proper way to use modern technology:

Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby GreenBean » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:39 am

I am delighted to see you enthusiastically embracing modern technology Bruce. :D Personally, being a Luddite, I think the old ways are still the best.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby bruceb » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:52 am

OK, you convinced me:

Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby GreenBean » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:45 pm

bruceb wrote:OK, you convinced me:

It hurts but it is worth it to see a friend openly affirm their Luddite tendencies. :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby bruceb » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:37 pm

I'm easy to convert. Flexibility! That's the word. Image
bruceb

Postby Gouezeri » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:23 am

On the first part; Spoilsport!

On the second part. If I ever lose the ability to learn and appreciate new tech, take me out the back and shoot me.
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby bruceb » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:47 am

It's not a question of learning and appreciating new tech. It's a question of t*ts on a bull.

At present I am working on a house control system using microprocessors to make it possible to control, or automatically control many things in the house. I will be able to switch my espresso machine on and off from the top floor, etc., which will be welcome. This will all run without cables. This makes sense to me as I am not as mobile as I once was. Some other electronics in other situations are senseless, imo.
bruceb

Postby Gouezeri » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:15 am

What about the wife?
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby bruceb » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:37 am

Gouezeri wrote:What about the wife?

No, she is not microprocessor controlled. I tried to talk her into it, but she wouldn't have any of it. Ludditess!
bruceb

Postby GreenBean » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:53 am

As a rather poor second choice you could try a microprocessor controlled clone of Barbarella. :D

GreenBean

Postby bruceb » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:56 am

I don't think so: Image
bruceb

Postby GreenBean » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:56 am

Have you watched the clip? It is not the excessive machine but the opening sequence. It might just put a spring in your step.

If nothing else it shows what can be done with 1968 technology. Newfangled technology such as CGI could not improve on this. :wink: :D

GreenBean

Postby geedee » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:22 pm

Is it just me that notices the recurrent themes on TMC ... just wait, it will be cats next ... :roll:
Life's uncertain, eat pudding first!
--------------------------------------
Wega Mini Nova - rotary , plumbed in
Macap 7 grinder
Old Monarch Deli Grinder
Gaggia MDF grinder (for sale)
3 presspots
2 mocha pots
geedee

Postby bruceb » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:51 pm

GreenBean wrote:Have you watched the clip? It is not the excessive machine but the opening sequence. It might just put a spring in your step.

Yes, I watched it. It gave me an asthma attack and my pacemaker couldn't keep up.
bruceb

PreviousNext

Return to Espresso