SOLD : La Marzocco GS/3

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

SOLD : La Marzocco GS/3

Postby EricC » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:05 pm

Hi all,

I have decided to sell my semi auto La Marzocco GS/3 and go for the La Marzocco GS/3 Paddle Group version.

So my absolutely perfect GS/3 is up for sale. The current price for one of these beasties is £4878 incl VAT and you purchase mine for just £2500 but you will have to come and pick it up.

It has the very latest firmware, the upgraded stainless steel wand mounts, the "burn me" steam wand and the longer internal hose between the pump outlet and the machine inlet to reduce any residual vibrations.

It also has its original internal tank for use when not plumbed in.

When it was eventually plumbed in, It has been via an Everpure water filter continuously from day one.

The machine comes with all original documentation and accessories.

It has only pulled a maximum of 6 shots a day and is therefore probably only just run in.

Please contact me off list or PM me for any further info if you are interested.

Best Regards
Eric
(Liverpool UK)
Last edited by EricC on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
KvdW Speedster, Versalab M3/4, Kafatek Monolith MAX
EricC

Postby P.B » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:04 pm

This is the sale many have been holding their breath for...
P.B

Postby GreenBean » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Oh wow! :shock: A couple of years ago I would have snapped it up Eric. Unfortunately/fortunately? I am now so happy with my current kit that I would not swap it for anything else, not even a GS3.:wink:

If anyone is considering buying this I can assure you that Eric has a reputation for really looking after his kit.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby EricC » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:18 pm

Many thanks GB.
EricC

Postby Beanie » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:55 am

Oh Eric, Eric, Erriiiiiic!!! You said it was a keeper!!! :P

EricC on 13oct2008 wrote:
Bean_Believer on 11oct2008 wrote:Hmmmmm must be about six months since the G3 by now :P ;) ;) *waits* :P :lol:

Sorry Beanie, please accept my sincere my regrets BUT the GS/3 is a keeper. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm amazed though... this one lasted a good 3 years? The GS/3 must have been the machine with the longest residence in your pristine care, eh? :D
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby EricC » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:33 am

Beanie wrote:I'm amazed though... this one lasted a good 3 years? The GS/3 must have been the machine with the longest residence in your pristine care, eh? :D

It is a keeper of sorts, because I am simply changing from a Semi-Auto GS/3 to its fully manual Paddle Group brother. :wink:

Yes, it is the very best machine I have ever owned, an absolute joy to use, and as you say in absolute pristine condition and fully up to date with all of the latest updates of course. 8)
EricC

Postby CakeBoy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Mad as a box of frogs, but at least all is right with the world now that you are trading up again Eric ;) :P

For anyone new-ish not knowing Eric as yet as it's been a while since his last bout of top end upgraditis, he is a superb seller.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby EricC » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:32 pm

Many thanks Cakey. :D
EricC

Postby CrimsonScythe » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:55 pm

If our customs laws hadn't been as moronic as they are, I'd totally buy it...

EricC: Do you think the paddle version is that much better than the automatic one? (I'm considering both GS/3's, as well as the Synesso Cyncra and the Speedster.)

I think I read once that theoretically, one could do the same kind of preinfusion with with a firmware update to the automatic model. I wonder if anyone actually did this.
CrimsonScythe

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:39 pm

Stickying. Sorry, I forgot during my bout of mickey taking :oops: :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby EricC » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:46 am

CakeBoy wrote:Stickying. Sorry, I forgot during my bout of mickey taking :oops: :P

Many thanks Mark,

No problem, Mickey Take away :wink: :D

All the Best
Eric
EricC

Postby EricC » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:01 am

CrimsonScythe wrote:If our customs laws hadn't been as moronic as they are, I'd totally buy it...

EricC: Do you think the paddle version is that much better than the automatic one? (I'm considering both GS/3's, as well as the Synesso Cyncra and the Speedster.)

I think I read once that theoretically, one could do the same kind of preinfusion with with a firmware update to the automatic model. I wonder if anyone actually did this.

Hi Crimson,

Cheers. :D

I don't know whether it is better or not and I wont find out until it arrives. :shock:
It is my usual problem of reading too many on line forum, and convincing myself that I would like to give the Paddle Version a go. I must admit that it is a gamble. :roll:

I have the latest available Firmware Upgrade installed and the only preinfusion available is via the programmed shot buttons. In this case you go in and set the relevant parameter. This type of preinfusion uses the pump to provide the pressure at the standard 9 BAR or whatever you have it normally set to for normal shot pulling. You set an on ammount of time and an off ammount of time, on for the water flow and off to allow it to soak into the coffee bed and once this time has elapsed the pump resumes the shot as normal.

Some owners have fitted an on/off switch or an adjustable timer into one leg of the power supply to the pump motor to allow for actual line pressure preinfusion, however I have not done this myself.

Good luck with your choice, it's a hard one as all four are excellent machines so I have read, even though I only have experience of one of them at the moment.

All the Best
Eric
EricC

Postby CrimsonScythe » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:11 pm

Eric,

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I really know what you mean about gambling. Where I live, it's practically impossible to test out any kinds of espresso gear :/ Any purchase is a gamble.

Going by pricing, I must say the GS3 looks like a great deal compared with the Synesso and the Speedster. From what I've understood, the Synesso doesn't provide any more pressure control than the GS3 Paddle, so I'm not so sure it's really worth the 40% price difference. (Worth it for me, that is.)

If you don't mind me asking, but where will you order your GS3 from? I'm casually looking at prices at the moment, so I'm curious to see what you've found.

--Thomas
CrimsonScythe

Postby EricC » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:44 am

Hi Thomas,

Yes, exactly, pretty much the same here, nowhere to see these machines before purchase. :(

I too looked at all three, the GS/3, the Synesso and the Speedster and came to the same conclusion.

I bought my GS/3 directly from the Importer here in the UK, Mulmar, as they supplied my current GS/3. With regards to the pricing, I couldn't find any dealers web site with the price stated in black and white and received the price quoted above directly from Mulmar. i had previously contacted another reseller by telephone and was quoted a similar price.

All the Best
Eric
EricC

Postby kingseven » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:22 pm

This has reminded me I need to update the firmware on my machine!

(I still have version 1.12 which has the L defect) Upgrades sound like they really were useful.
http://www.jimseven.com

I'll never own too many items with which to enjoy coffee.
kingseven

Next

Return to Espresso