Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Sugar or no sugar?

Are you crazy? No sugar!
43%
One spoon is ok.
50%
I need at least two spoons.
7%
I heap it up big time: to get "syrupy" espresso, just add lots and lots of the sweet stuff!
No votes
Just some salt to reduce the "ki" in my kidneys, please, I'm a macrobiotician!
No votes

Total votes : 14

Postby HughF » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:27 pm

moccafaux wrote:Lots of factors influence this.
With Hughs blend I had to add a good heap of sugar, phils samples I mixed into a blend based on the brazil and I needed almost no sugar.

It's not my blend! I just twisted a Jim Schuulman blend to fit my remaining stash....
Thanks for the info.

Cheers,

Hugh
Grinders : Macap MXK conical for espresso, Mahlkoenig Vario for Chemex, Macap MC6 (spare when our office was closed) for cafetiere, Zassenhaus Knee Mill for cafetiere when working away from home.
La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 espresso machine. HotTop KN8828P roaster. Chemex manual drip for most brewed coffee plus cafetieres and eSantos.
HughF

Postby carolynb » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:59 pm

I never have sugar otherwise I can't tell how good the extraction was. Just one notch on the grinder is enough to throw a shot from "Yuk needs 6 spoons of sugar" to "Oh wow, that's awesome needs nothing"!
Isomac Millennium & Isomac Gran Macinino
carolynb

Postby Raf » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:01 pm

carolynb wrote:I never have sugar otherwise I can't tell how good the extraction was. Just one notch on the grinder is enough to throw a shot from "Yuk needs 6 spoons of sugar" to "Oh wow, that's awesome needs nothing"!

I'm fairly confident I'll be like that when my MM-"E" arrives next week! ;) (sorry, couldn't resist!)
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby carolynb » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:25 pm

OK, OK, I had one - but sold it to a deserving customer! :(
Hope to get some more shortly though so maybe I'll experience a slight stock shrinkage ;)
Isomac Millennium & Isomac Gran Macinino
carolynb

Previous

Return to Espresso