Disappointing Purchase Replacement E61 Shower Plate/Screen

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Machine_Repair_Man » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:12 pm

ok .. latest update ... ordered 10 .. got 10 of the rubbish ones .. sent them straight back.
now trying another supplier, see if i get any better luck.
nespresso es80 ..
the wife wont let me have anything bigger.....
Machine_Repair_Man

Postby GreenBean » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:12 pm

Machine_Repair_Man wrote:ok .. latest update ... ordered 10 .. got 10 of the rubbish ones .. sent them straight back.
now trying another supplier, see if i get any better luck.

Thanks for the update M_R_M. It would seem almost all suppliers are switching to the low quality screens presumably to save a few euros. :cry: It would be a tragedy if the manufacturers of the better quality screens are forced to stop production due to an inability to compete on price with the low quality screens. Thank you for your efforts, I will keep my fingers crossed that you have better luck with the next supplier. :?

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby double_shot » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:39 pm

My contact in Canada had a reply from the company that supplied the one I got hold of. The guy in the store says he can get more from his supplier but would need to know how many to order.

If someone is interested in buying some stock then it would probably be best to deal direct with the company to avoid double shipping etc.

If anyone would like the details then PM me and I will find out who they are and where.

I had managed to distort the shape of my old filter when experimenting with over dosing...hadn't realised just how bad the negative effect was until I put the shiny new one on my machine. :) I won't be going crazy with my doses in future.

@GreenBean it will be a bloody disaster if the manufacturer stops production of the pressed filters! I'm amazed that more people aren't complaining about the toot that's being fitted to new machines and sent out as a direct replacement part. Especially a part that has an impact on the final result which the crap welded type does. The hole arrangment isn't as good and reduces the surface area exposed to the water. They are pretty much a disposable part as they are virtually impossible to remove without damaging them. They will be left on machines longer in commercial environments allowing old oils to build up due to lack of cleaning. They also have an additional trap where the outer ring is spot welded over the mesh which will retain grounds and oil. The two I have are junk and will never be used on my machine!
double_shot

Postby Machine_Repair_Man » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:34 pm

but if the bad ones fail more often then the company sells more of them ... not good business but also wondering of the price difference betwen the 2 in a manufacturing sence, save 2 pence over several million produced in a year soon adds up.
but also i can not understand why they are so rubbish, i have found no matter how carefull you are they rim always breaks away, i sent a few back to "complain" about the build and was promptly sent more back lol. im sure somone had to trial them in order to approve the design.
nespresso es80 ..
Machine_Repair_Man

Postby double_shot » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:02 pm

@MRM,

It's mind boggling to think that any machine manufacturer could allow this junk through their QC! :shock:

You don't even need to try it on a machine to see how bad the design is - it screams fail as soon as you touch it. :roll: It's like something that would fall out of a Christmas cracker and it's less useful than a mini plastic spinning top.
double_shot

Postby Machine_Repair_Man » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:57 pm

double_shot wrote: It's like something that would fall out of a Christmas cracker and it's less useful than a mini plastic spinning top.

we once had 24 pairs of tweezers in a box of crackers.. nothing else .. each one had chuffing tweezers in.
nespresso es80 ..
Machine_Repair_Man

Postby repeat » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi All,

I placed an order yesterday morning with coffeehit and asked at the same time if they had a couple of spare e61 shower screens they could send me.
They sent me 25!
They are the one piece good quality ones as per my flickr photo above so should hopefully meet the requirements of those above.
I'll keep 5 leaving 20 to give away for the price of postage. I'll post in 4 batches of 5 on a first come first served basis.
If you would like 5, PM me your address and I'll send them out for the cost of postage.

Cheers!
repeat

Postby GreenBean » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:59 pm

Wonderful news and a very generous offer. :D I will PM you.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby repeat » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:30 pm

Batch 1 to GreenBean.
repeat

Postby repeat » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:49 pm

Batch 2 goes to Dennis
repeat

Postby dwalsh1 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:58 pm

Thanks Paul :D
faema E61/mazzer major, elektra nino.
dwalsh1

Postby GreenBean » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:30 am

repeat wrote:Hi All,

I placed an order yesterday morning with coffeehit and asked at the same time if they had a couple of spare e61 shower screens they could send me.
They sent me 25!
They are the one piece good quality ones as per my flickr photo above so should hopefully meet the requirements of those above.
I'll keep 5 leaving 20 to give away for the price of postage. I'll post in 4 batches of 5 on a first come first served basis.
If you would like 5, PM me your address and I'll send them out for the cost of postage.

Cheers!

I am a very happy man, I could not be more delighted. :D Five good quality shower screens arrived in the post this morning. That should be sufficient to provide me with great coffee well into my dotage. :wink:

Thanks Paul (repeat) for your efforts in sourcing these and for your generosity in sharing them. 8) Thanks also to coffeehit.co.uk for their generosity in supplying them.

For the sake of other coffee enthusiasts I hope that a source can be found for an ongoing supply of the better quality screens. I hope that Machine_Repair_Man or the suppliers that are still attempting to source these have success.

GreenBean

Postby repeat » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:43 pm

Great news. Glad they arrived safe and sound. All are now spoken for once I have the addresses of those who recently contacted me.
repeat

Postby qwerty69 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:25 am

Hi Paul, just PMd you my address as discussed. Gary
Izzo Vivi : Mazzer Super Jolly (cleaned with Puly Grind) : Aeropress : Francis Francis X5 (going back in to storage) : Iberital MC2 (broken)
qwerty69

Postby repeat » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi Gary,

Got the PM. I'll post them on Saturday (travelling with work at the moment).

Paul.
repeat

PreviousNext

Return to Espresso