Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

from the espresso lab...

Postby dsc » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Hi guys,

so I put this together today:

well not really, the PT was there all the time, I just run some 1/16 tubing:

which goes here:

and plugs into here:

It's interesting to see the pressure dropping during the shot and how it changes depending on the dose. For example my first single today started at 8.3bar and dropped to around 8.1bar at the end of the extraction. As it was a bit fast I changed the dose slightly and the second shot started at 8.4bar and dropped to only 8.3bar. Also funny to see that the pump pressure which is set to 8.75bar is actually around 8.2-8.4bar on the group.

The only bit I'm not happy with is how the PT is mounted. It wobbles and I don't really know how to mount it properly. Previously the PT was connected with a braided hose and the male thread of the PT was put though a pre-drilled hole in the frame. The threaded bit of the hose was connected with the male thread of the PT and also squizing a few flat rubber washers thus holding the PT in place and eliminating any wobble. Now the PT has a 1/4" tube adaptor onto which a tubing reducer is connected. The tube adaptor is screwed onto the PT and the tube end goes through the hole in the frame. The tubing reducer connects to the protruding tube and takes on the 1/16" tubing. So basically the hole in the frame 'sits' between the two tubing elements but there's too much space between them and the PT wobbles a bit. I've put a flat rubber washer under the upper tubing adaptor, but it still wobbles. I don't really want to put more washers as the connection between the tubing elements is not threaded and can't squize the washers to hold the PT like the threaded end of the hose did. So to sum it up, I'm looking for new ways to hold the PT in place, anyone has any ideas?

Oh btw I should've made a coil from the tubing near the PT, but I realised that after cutting everything. I guess I will have to make a new longer tube to connect it all.

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

Return to Espresso