faema e61 group

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

faema e61 group

Postby jumper » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:37 pm

is it really that special?
cause i don't know i have worked with a lot of different machines and true most of them use the faema group or a clone of the group but compared to the rest they don't really stand out as special to me.
eveywhere i look i see "the legendary faema e61 group" is it legendary because it is the most common group or is itreally that good?
i believe the la marzocco group to be a lot better and more durable.
am i really that wrong, what am i not seeing.
jumper

Postby jumper » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:16 pm

just to explain why i want your opinion
i am trying to build myself an espresso machine from spare parts.
i do have an faema due boiler, but the groups that came with the boiler were pretty much worn down so i decided to buy new ones and i just want the very best for this.
mark
jumper

Postby Muko » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:29 pm

I think it is always the whole concept witch makes a machine good.Otherwise it would be easy :wink:

My opinion on the Faema groups is that they are forgiving if you make a mistake on preparation!

marco
Muko

Postby Joey » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:01 am

i was told that they are only that famous because they were the first ones with that technology. The first brand is always burnt in the minds of the people.... not that they are bad - but they are not the "best and only". Like when you think about 4WD and Off Road "Jeep" might come into your mind - why? Because it was the first one of it's kind....
I'm not dissing Faema, they are very good, but the 64 and 66 have also the same good grouphead..... most people also want a E 61 machine because of that retro look. (including me ;-))

cheers
Joey
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Return to Espresso