Please help! Can't find Mazzer electron - getting nervous...

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Please help! Can't find Mazzer electron - getting nervous...

Postby Joey » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:14 pm

Hi everybody!

She who told everyone some months ago where to find the cheapest Mazzers... can't get one for herself now!
I need it next week to train my future employees.
FInally decided to take the electron because of the timer (workflow wise, explain it later...) and now the dealer I know tells me to wait 12 weeks!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

AAARRRGHH!!! Does anyone know another dealer?
I wrote Mazzer themself, too, but got no answer yet.

Thanks for your help!
Joey
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Postby phil » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:32 pm

Have you spoken to ESW in The Netherlands?
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby Joey » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:33 pm

ESW? Nope - can you forward me an adress please? Thanx
Joey

Postby phil » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:49 pm

Joey - just sent you an email
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:04 pm

I don't think ESW will have more than a few Mini E's. Joey, are you sure about those Electronics? You can always call me if you want more info (mail me for my phone number). There's probably some things to consider about them.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Joey » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:09 pm

Cheese and rice! What happend to the long answer I wrote? Wa sit too long and got deleted? Or was I too stupid and deleted it myself instead of submitting? >grrrrr<

Anyway - I need the timer for an easier workflow - have 2 big grinders for the two most used coffees, need the electron for the single origins to adjust for each origin every time.
Workflow as follows:
Adjusting Mazzer according to origin, put 16gr into hopper, turn grinder on - turn to Espressomachine and fill cups with water, arrange plate- spoon- whatever, take PF and turn back to grinder which should be finished by now, proceed with espresso making ritual.

Now the point is - if the 16gr are ground, usually the Grinder keeps on running until you stop him - with a timer adjusted to 2-3 seconds longer then needed for 16/8 gr - it finishes even if you get distracted by a customer, a fallen glass or anything else then can keep you from turning off the grinder when finished - so you should never hear that loud ululant sound of an empty grinder.

And of course I love the funnel - don't need that doser thingy that keeps too much coffee left inside.

But please tell me anything I should know that could affect my workflow negatively!!!
Thanks
joey
Last edited by Joey on Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joey

Postby Raf » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:15 pm

Ah. If you tell it like that, it does make sense to get a Mini E, although, if you use it with only 16 grams of beans at a time, I'm not sure you'll have any advantages over a regular Mini with a timer. Have you considered that?
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Joey » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:52 pm

Yrep, but right now I don't have the time to search a timer, mount it adnI want that funnel rather then a doser anyway. And the timer also costs at least 100 Euro - I was told. So I do pay 100 bugs more, but therefore I can use that thing asap - time is a good in short supply ;-)

Thanks
Joey
Joey

Postby Danny » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:15 pm

Joey,

What will you let the grounds fall into? Dont you have to hold the PF under the Mini-E grinder?
Danny

Postby Joey » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:01 pm

:shock: *
Good one!
Ähmmmmm, yep. :roll:
I need a vacaaaatioooooon!!!

or a drink... :drink:

ok, can I leave the PF on the fork while grinding and do some other stuff in the meantime?
Neku?

It's just that I don't want that doser for my single origins. It leaves too much coffee in the shoot. That blends them and costs a lot if I work with the expensive ones. I was told about almost gr can stay left.... That's almost a single shot.....
>sigh<
Attachments
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif (904 Bytes) Viewed 8278 times
Last edited by Joey on Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joey

Postby Raf » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:14 pm

You can certainly leave the PF in the fork, Joey, no worries about that. The only problem I can see is that you will possibly have to adjust the fineness of your grind too often when you switch back and forth between blends.

Raf
Founder Member

Postby Joey » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:22 pm

It's for the single origins, I have about 40 of them. But I think most of the customers that enter will just order a cappa, an espresso or a latte, without special wishes about single origins. So I am counting 20-30 people a day might try something special.
I will have a list beside the grinder in alphabetically order with the origins and the desired grind adjustment for them. Will have to number every fourth point of the adjustment wheel. Testing phase for which coffee needs what grind starts as soon as I get the Mazzer.

Of course I am aware about humidity, too, which will be very effective when using robustas, but I really like to minimize the risk of false grinding by taking special care with the packages. (Small portions, heat sealed every day it's not completed)

Can the PF stand straight in the fork? Or do I have to mount a piece of wood on the counter in front of the grinder?

joey
Joey

Postby Raf » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:03 pm

I don't know what you mean with "stand straight", but the PF sort of rests on the fork. You can just leave it alone (= let the grounds assemble in the filter basket) while you prepare your cups and plates.

Raf
Founder Member

Postby Joey » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:31 pm

right - I meanz "horizontally" - sorry.
but what you say sounds great, thanks for your help!
Joey

Postby Danny » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:57 am

40 single origins? Man I cant wait till I visit vienna. I think I'll need to spend a week there :)
Danny

Return to Espresso