chute modification on Macap MC4

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Brummie » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:57 pm

Let me know the result. I might be interested as well :) Still have a super jolly to turn into a slick doserless . I mean fro 15GBP I'm not doing any cutting anymore....
La Spaziale S1 Mk2 | before that: Espressa Mini (Euro 2000 Jr) | Mazzer Mini E - Model A | Hottop Digital | Lava and Beyond-the-Bean and a real HasBean tamper | Motta steam jug/pitcher | ex-gf constantly monitoring my coffee progression ;)
Brummie

Postby dsc » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi Brummie,

yeah that's always a cool idea to order some more, I can sell them or at least pay a little bit less for them if it's possible:) Anyone else want to join in?

The thing I need to know is the diameter of the hole on the espressoparts Mazzer chute replacement. Can anyone measure theirs?

Cheers,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

Postby Ordo.dk » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:01 pm

dsc, I am very interested! I'd like to see pictures of the final product though ;)

EDIT: Of course, if we aren't talking a whole lot of money, just sign me up for one ;)
Last edited by Ordo.dk on Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any technology distinguishable from magic, is insufficiently advanced.

Nuova Simonelli Oscar
Macap M4 Micrometric Doserless
Hottop
Imex CR-100
Some cool tamper
Bodum Antigua (for plunger)
Ordo.dk

Funnel measurements

Postby Brummie » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:24 pm

I measured as much as I could :) see picture

Mod's Edit: Photo(s) resized to fit page and prevent stretching.
Attachments
Brummie 2b.jpg
Brummie 2b.jpg (14.07 KiB) Viewed 13718 times
La Spaziale S1 Mk2 | before that: Espressa Mini (Euro 2000 Jr) | Mazzer Mini E - Model A | Hottop Digital | Lava and Beyond-the-Bean and a real HasBean tamper | Motta steam jug/pitcher | ex-gf constantly monitoring my coffee progression ;)
Brummie

RE: Funnel measurements

Postby rooienar » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:06 pm

Great idea dsc, would love to join in :D
LaCimbali Junior D/1, Mazzer Major, Bizerba (Ditting) grinder, Behmor 1600
rooienar

Postby dsc » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:11 pm

Hi

ok so I've talked to a couple of metal spinner again and they say I will have to have a steel base to spin the metal around. This basically means I need to make myself a 20kg element which is shaped like the part I want to produce, but instead of being hollow it's full. I'm not sure about the prices of steel in Poland, but I'm guessing the whole thing will cost around 20GBP to make (inc materials). Each spin piece will cost around 10GBP, so the best idea is to make at least 5 of them to split the cost of the base.

So who's on board?:)

Cheers,
dsc.

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

Postby Ordo.dk » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:29 pm

So, you're saying around 14 GBP, assuming we're doing 5 pieces? I'm inclined to go along :D

Nuova Simonelli Oscar
Hottop
Imex CR-100
Some cool tamper
Ordo.dk

Postby Brummie » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:40 pm

Count me in. were the measrements good enough??
Brummie

Postby Ordo.dk » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:27 pm

Where is the hole for the bolt on brummies drawing?

Nuova Simonelli Oscar
Hottop
Imex CR-100
Some cool tamper
Ordo.dk

Postby Brummie » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:53 pm

That one is a bit difficult to measure. I have to detach the funnel. Besides I can only give you the measurements for the Mazzer Mini. (I assume the Super Jolly has the same, but I'm not sure. I have to ask Aadje to do the measurements on the Supper J.

Maybe we should leave those and drill them ourselves (then we can use them on different machines
Brummie

Postby Ordo.dk » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:28 pm

True... dsc, if you get your hole drilled for your M4, I'd like it done too ;)
Will there be a lid for the thing? :)

EDIT: By the way dsc, the front thing on the macap, is it glued to the body? I screwed the bolt out, but I couldn't get it off - didn't use any violence though...

Nuova Simonelli Oscar
Hottop
Imex CR-100
Some cool tamper
Ordo.dk

Postby dsc » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:36 pm

Hi

yeah I was actually thinking whether to add the holes or not because without them you can easily use the funnel on any machine. I might add the main hole for the burr chamber, but those two smaller ones for bolts are probably going to be left out (or I might do them, it's pretty much your call).

This is my CAD drawing for the funnel:

It's not final as I'm waiting for Cakey to measure the diameter of the doser and I will use the same diameter on the funnel (i'm guessing it's around 140mm).

Today one of the metal spinner contacted me and said that I can opt to use brass for the funnel and have it chromed later. What do you say to something like that?

We will have to take into consideration the costs of sending the steel base from the turner to the metal spinner and it will probably cost around 6-7 pounds because the damn base weights 20kg:O

Maybe we should make this topic a sticky? I mean Steve can make it a sticky I haven't got the power to do that:)

Cheers,
dsc.

EDIT: Ordo you have to get the bottom plate off and there's another screw holding the chute from the inside:)

As for the lid, if the diameter is going to be the same as for the doser we will be able to use the top from the doser as well. The question is where the hell can we get the doser tops from?:)

dsc

Re: RE: Funnel measurements

Postby Gouezeri » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:31 am

dsc wrote:Maybe we should make this topic a sticky? I mean Steve can make it a sticky I haven't got the power to do that:)

Steve??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Like he does anything useful round here :lol:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

RE: Re: RE: Funnel measurements

Postby dsc » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:14 pm

Hi

well thanks a lot Gouezeri :D

Well I thought that with you sleeping' this week, Steve would be the one to poke:)

Cheers,
dsc.

dsc

RE: Re: RE: Funnel measurements

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:23 pm

Never poke a ginger bloke in a stripy shirt ........ ;) :lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

PreviousNext

Return to Espresso