on the off-chance anyone's passing ...

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

on the off-chance anyone's passing ...

Postby pault » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:29 am

if anyone's ever passing near Manchester and fancies insulating and PIDing my Giotto Premium I'll happily reimburse them for their time and travel expenses, materials ...etc. and throw in a good bottle of red as an extra thank you (my main vice)

I'm sure it sounds lazy but believe me it's not - I have broken more machines, computers etc. than most of you have had hot dinners (talking of which the other day I broke a rice-cooker just out of its box by the simple act of using it as instructed [must have been the wrong type of rice]). In a reversal of the dogs in Terminator, machines sense me coming and I don't want to break a perfectly good Giotto (either directly through my tinkering or as it gets thrown through the window in frustration) - so there's an open invite to anyone who's nearby and unlike me knows what they're doing ...

I'm keenly awaiting delivery of a hottop so please expect messages like how do you get your finger out of the chaff-filter??

all the best,

Paul.
Spazio 2 Group, Pavoni Pro.
Pavoni JDoser & Mazzer Mini Elec Grinders,
Vac Pots - Mini Santos Electronic & Cona 'D'
Various Press Pots
Hottop Roaster
pault

Postby phil » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:09 am

PID-ing a HX machine isn't supposed to be very effective *I think* - I seem to remember someone bringing it up on alt.coffee a while back, and several well informed people (Jim Schulman springs to mind) arguing about why it wouldn't work too well.

I think I could construct that argument myself from first principles if anyone's interested in telling me I'm wrong (in my experience most people are :wink:)
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Return to Espresso