The Mini E! Finallee!

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby michel » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:46 pm

Neku, Congratulations with the e. I wasn't familiar with this marvellous (bit strange), great looking machine... so, as flabbergasted by the looks: ' did you buy the silver or black model..?'

And, as I cant find any info on www.mazzer.com about that 'elektronic-divice' in front of the machine (which looks like a doser but isn't...) is anybody of you in the possession of an internal picture/diagram or a good description of how this works..?

Thanks,
Michel
(who wants an e too, but is still saving for a hottop first...)
Attachments
mazzer-e.jpg
mazzer-e.jpg (16.27 KiB) Viewed 8892 times
michel

Postby Raf » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:22 pm

michel wrote:Neku, Congratulations with the e. I wasn't familiar with this marvellous (bit strange), great looking machine... so, as flabbergasted by the looks: ' did you buy the silver or black model..?'

And, as I cant find any info on www.mazzer.com about that 'elektronic-divice' in front of the machine (which looks like a doser but isn't...) is anybody of you in the possession of an internal picture/diagram or a good description of how this works..?

I bought the black one: looks great alongside the Vibiemme, which has a black casing anyway.

The electronic thing in the front is actually just a stainless steel funnel, and it replaces the doser. I guess they made it stainless steel to make sure that the grounds slide smoothly down the funnel and don't stick to the sides. On top of that funnel is a lid with three electronic buttons, and a small, telephone cord-like twisted electronic cable attached to the machine. Those buttons are for "one cup", "two cups" and "manual". The dosing time for those buttons (not the manual one, of course) are to be found below the funnel, and are adjustable with a screwdriver. You can gawk at the beauty of it here!
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby phil » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:54 pm

Interesting Neku, WLL say the burrs are 58mm like the ordinary Mini. I thought they were supposed to be 64mm?

On a related topic, if I decide to get an "E" I'll have to keep my Rocky for french press.
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:35 pm

phil wrote:Interesting Neku, WLL say the burrs are 58mm like the ordinary Mini. I thought they were supposed to be 64mm?

On a related topic, if I decide to get an "E" I'll have to keep my Rocky for french press.

On mazzer.com, it says 64 mm., but I haven't gotten them out to measure them!
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby michel » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:28 pm

Neku wrote:I bought the black one: looks great alongside the Vibiemme, which has a black casing anyway.

Black is great..! I would have bought the black-one too, it has more style (but has a tiny little minor to: scratches... - a scratch on black is more visible than on the silver model I suppose... :? -).

Anyway... thanks for the explanation, although I'm not sure I understand why they don't built all their doserless-models (Jolly/Major/Zar) with this funnel, as it seams obvious that no grounds are spilled with this aparatus, while a 'spout' (as on my Innova too) spills alway's a bit over the counter...
michel

Postby Danny » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:35 pm

A fine tipped black felt pen works wonders on scratches... :)
Danny

Postby EricC » Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:20 pm

Hi Neku,
Whilst you were at Espresso Services West in the Hague, did you get the impression that they had more than one Mini mazzer Electronic available for sale ?
I did send them an E-mail yesterday, as to whether they had them available and in stock, and if they would deliver to the UK, however it was in English, and they have not yet got back to me.
One more question, with regards to voltage, is your machine / the machines available ok for use in the Uk IE 240V 50Hz ?

Sorry for all of the questions.

Regards
Eric
EricC

Postby Raf » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:52 pm

They had one more Mini E in stock - a grey one, but they said a lot of people had been mailing and calling them about it, so you better be quick! I believe they ship to UK, so no problems there. Henk is the one in charge of internet sales, but I think he usually answers his mails in the evening.
The machine should be okay to work on 240V/50Hz as that's what we have here (I'm almost sure! ;)). Good luck on the purchase, I'm sure you won't regret it (I haven't, so far).

Raf
Founder Member

Postby EricC » Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:54 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, hopefully he will get back to me this evening. :D
KvdW Speedster, Versalab M3/4, Kafatek Monolith MAX
EricC

Postby Sunnyfield » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:16 pm

Ericc, I bought my MM from ESW and use it here in London, no problem. The nominal voltage difference is about 10V and will not affect its performance.
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby phil » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:28 pm

I have heard that our friend in Gloucestershire will have the Mini E in stock in about 6 weeks and is taking pre-orders.

I am seriously tempted, but have yet to decide whether to get an E or an ordinary grinder - if I get an E I will have to keep the Rocky, which is yet more counter space devoted to coffee. I don't want to be divorced over coffee (but then again, it's my kitchen!)

Three Thor tampers
phil
Founder Member

Postby alans » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:13 pm

The more I find out about the E the less I think it's worth the money. Neku, now you've had yours for a month or so what do you think?

I know what you mean Phil, "It's my kitchen and I built the bloody thing" is just not good for the relationship (even if it is true) :D
alans

Postby phil » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:29 pm

Yes, although in my case the line is "it's my kitchen - I do the cooking, the washing up and make the coffee so what's your problem?".

However if I want my 25 year marriage to make it to the 26th anniversary I don't think I'll try that line! :D

Three Thor tampers
phil
Founder Member

Postby EricC » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:14 am

I hope that the Mazzer Mini Electronic arrives sooner than that :shock:,
as i now have a proper espresso machine and desparately need a proper grinder now. :oops:
I was advised by the dealer i ordered from that it would be about 4 weeks, but that was 3 weeks ago, and do not really want to hear that it will be another 6 weeks. :?
EricC

Previous

Return to Espresso