Only if you like faema e61...

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Only if you like faema e61...

Postby michel » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:06 pm

michel

Postby Danny » Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:06 am

Wow!!!!!

1400 is way too much I think... It's missing the front panel and it's gunna need a LOT of love. Still, a restored one should fetch 3000 easy.

BTW something for people in NL... Does anyone know about the shop ESW in den haag? Espresso service west I think they are called.

I bought my Mazzer mini there a few months ago because they were the cheapest around. They have several old machines in their showroom and one of them is an E61. The guy opened it up for me to check out. I did not realise that these machines were gas heated originally!

I wish I had more time because he had also several lever machines from the 50's.

Anyway I thought it worth mentioning since they also do custom projects. For example, for enough cash, they will turn you a custom tamper to fit your PF.
Espresso service west - Loosduinseweg in Den Haag (About 2km south of Westeinde hospital).
Danny

Postby Raf » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:29 pm

MrFollies wrote:BTW something for people in NL... Does anyone know about the shop ESW in den haag? Espresso service west I think they are called.

I bought my Mazzer mini there a few months ago because they were the cheapest around.

I'm going to buy my Mazzer Mini either from ESW or eis-fassbender.de, because they seem to be the cheapest European sources for the Mini. Fassbender is cheaper, but esw is closer, so I can drive down there for repairs (the Rocky business taught me a lesson or two).

I believe Eward also bought his Mini from esw.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Danny » Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:56 am

Neku, want to grab an espresso in Den Haag when you go to buy?
Danny

Postby Sunnyfield » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:48 pm

I did buy my MM at ESW indeed. Friendly and good service: they had reserved a grinder for me as they run out of stock quite quickly. I mentioned they were very competitive price wise, and the man said that was part of their strategy. Their service did not appear to suffer from it. The shop is full of machines, including many professional machines. I also remember they really like the VBM Domobar.
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Return to Espresso