Mini E or switch?

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Raf » Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:37 pm

alans wrote:What does "!!! Achtung keine Lagerware: Lieferzeit ca. 2 Monate !!!" translate to?

I think it means that they have no stock and (I'm sure) it says that you have to wait for 2 months to get one.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:06 pm

Update: I've been talking to the kind folks @ esw.nl about buying either a Mini or a Mini E. They are putting a black Mini E aside for me, to test and look at when I have time to go to The Hague. The man on the phone (his name is Henk, he's responsible for net sales) explained that the Mini E is in fact just a very advanced timer system, with the added advantage that it has no doser but a funnel (= less spillage, although static may be a problem according to him).

I think I'll drive down to The Hague in two weeks from now and get a feel for the peeps at esw. If I get cold feet, I'll probably buy an E from eis-fassbender.de.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Danny » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:52 pm

Neku, I found them to be very friendly. I walked in off the street and asked to have a look at their e61. The guy pulled the cover off and spent 30 minutes talking to me about it even though he knew I was not buying anything. They are not open on saturdays I think so you need to go during the week.
Danny

Postby Sunnyfield » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:57 pm

How much is the Mini-E at ESW? I got a very favourable impression from the people at ESW. They do a lot of repairs of professional machines, I think that their repair service will be good.
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:09 pm

579 euro incl. VAT
Lot of money, but it seems like the best, least messy solution for home use.

Raf
Founder Member

Postby Danny » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:43 pm

Is the super-magical-electronic doser worth it?
I'm currently looking into getting a stainless funnel made. Turn it on, fill the PF, turn it off...

IMO the electronics are begging to breakdown on the MM-e.

But then again, I still get annoyes when the car beeps at me to turn my headlights off when I stop the engine. Bloody car thinking it's smarter than me *hrumph*
Danny

Postby alans » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:56 am

For me it really comes down to how many shots you're making at the time, for one shot you'll still just measure the right amount of coffee in to the hopper and grind it all, but if you're making three or more shots I could see it being a real advantage.

It wouldn't surprise me if they sell more of the mini-e replacement funnels than they do the full grinders, a lot of people seem to be thinking a funnel is better than a doser.
alans

Postby phil » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:00 pm

Mmmm, I'm seriously tempted. I usually do several shots at once.

However it does mean I'll have to keep my Rocky, as I'm never going to give up French Press and I don't fancy doing loads of FP with my Zass (I bought that strictly for holidays, when I don't want to be carting a big heavy electric grinder through airports!)
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Previous

Return to Espresso