Cleanliness is next to Godliness

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Sunnyfield » Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:58 pm

I have removed the gasket many times. I use your method, Raf. Ie with a flat screwdriver. I don't think it is a good idea to remove the shower screen and pull the gasket out that way with the VBM, because I have the impression the shower screen is quite vulnerable. Having said that, if all E61 groupheads are the same, then Carolyn is more of an expert than me, and go ahead!

Anyway, you need to be a little bit rough to remove the gasket and it may damage the gasket a little bit. If your gasket is at least 2 years old or you have always left your machine on, you may actually irreversibly damage it (and you will know!). I recommend having a spare one first!

I am not too sure it is a good idea to soak the gasket in Urnex. Urnex is really aggressive stuff, but you can give it a try of course. You may want to soak the shower screen though... you will soon discover how dirty the screen is and the grouphead behind the screen.
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:05 pm

And where do you insert the screwdriver? Next to the showerscreen, on the inside of the gasket, or on the outside?
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Sunnyfield » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:23 pm

Outside!
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby carolynb » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:33 pm

Not claiming to be an expert, just offering advice on Isomac e61 groups!!

I have a jpg of the underside of one which illustrates what I was suggesting, however it is 1/2 mb and will take an age to download. Shall I try anyway, and how do I attach a jpg to a reply?!
Isomac Millennium & Isomac Gran Macinino
carolynb

Postby phil » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:39 pm

carolynb wrote:and how do I attach a jpg to a reply?!

Easiest way is to use the "Post Reply" button to get the full "Reply" dialogue and use the "Img" directive (if the file is on another web server somewhere).

Re the 0.5 MB file, could you perhaps drop the resolution, increase the compression or something (both maybe)? Not everyone has broadband, I imagine, even in this day and age. You yourself are still using ISDN out in the sticks - presumably just 2B+D ?

If you want to upload the file to TMC, use the attachment capability, again available from the full reply dialogue.
phil
Founder Member

Previous

Return to Espresso