So farewell then.....Rancilio Silvia

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

So farewell then.....Rancilio Silvia

Postby matts » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:27 pm

Silvia is now sold - and I feel like part of me is missing :cry:

Not that it appeared anyone cared given the avalanche of offers... :wink:

A sad sad day.....but she has gone to a good home...sigh

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An opportunity to own an extremely pre-loved Silvia, with all the tweaks you could wish for to get the maximum performance out of this cracking little machine.

Sale includes:

Rancilio Silvia

PID controller installed – Dual display two colour Japanese made RKC controller 1/16 DIN (see tcdirect.co.uk) cost nearly £100 new

PID wired internally so switches on with the machines power switch, 40A Solid State Relay

Pressure modified to brew at 9.5 bar measured static pressure, enables proper single shots and ristrettos

150 degree C steam thermostat – more headroom for powerful dry steam, can steam bigger milk volumes if that’s your thing

Dynamat eXtreme sound dampening lining in the pump area

Pro portafilter with single and double spouts

La Marzocco single and double filter baskets

Rancilio double basket

Spare grouphead gasket

Spare steam valve gasket

Spare showerscreen

250g bag of beans fresh from my BBQ roaster will also be included (no gimmicks honest J)

The machine and all accessories are mint, this has been my pride and joy used daily since I got it. Fed only with the soft waters of West Scotland so no issues at all with scale, only thing not included is a blind filter and backflush detergent to keep her clean.

Conditions of sale:

This is not the machine for your mother/brother/Aunty Freda who kind of likes the odd hazelnut latte. I’ve spent a lot of time on this and really want it to go to a serious coffee head who will talk nicely to Silvia, keep her shiny, use her on a daily basis, and of course make sure she has a good grinder to be her friend.

I have taken extreme care about all the modifications and electrical work, and leave the machine on in my house with my 3 wee kiddies confident it’s not going to burn the place down. I will check it again thoroughly before it leaves, however no warranty implied or otherwise is given, and no responsibility taken.

I don’t really want to sell her but a honking great commercial beast has come to stay in my kitchen and I would rather Silvia was used by someone than sat in my garage.

Will be packaged right to ensure it arrives safely, I’m asking £275 plus shipping at cost to wherever you are or you can come and collect it.

matt5mith@orange.net

Attachments
Silvia tmc.jpg
Silvia tmc.jpg (33.15 KiB) Viewed 2964 times
matts

Return to Espresso