Idea for a feature: Michel?

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Idea for a feature: Michel?

Postby Raf » Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:35 pm

Michel (or anyone else, but I was thinking of Michel cause he's Dutch), I saw this on alt.coffee and it's exactly up our alley: there's a guy in Holland who designs crazy but beautiful espresso machines: http://www.keesvanderwesten.com/ Maybe it's a good idea to give him a ring and do a short interview with him? Why he feels the need to redesign espresso machines, what his own favourite espresso drink is, maybe a few pictures of machines with a short description?
What do you think?
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:00 pm

(BTW, I'll be more than happy to assist in preparing a few questions for the interview.)
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Joey » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:55 pm

He is the one who works with La Marzocco. The new Mistral is his work. I saw him and his other machine called Mirage at Sandalj Coffee Suppliers. If someone tells me how I can add a picture to ma post, I'll do it :-) You will see that these machines are very similar. The major difference is that he built in the dual boilers for LM and left a HX system in his own design.

Joey
Last edited by Joey on Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joey

Postby Raf » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:03 pm

It's not so hard to attach a picture, Joey, but you have to use the "reply" feature (not the quick reply underneath the thread). Here's a pic of the mistral:
Attachments
LM mistral.jpg
The Mistral by La Marzocco. Needless to say: I want one!
LM mistral.jpg (76.56 KiB) Viewed 5394 times

Raf
Founder Member

Postby Joey » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:16 pm

Ahh! Thanks. I just did it by editing the first post. And I made a mistake - I said Mystic instead of Mirage - ups!
I'll also attatch the other side.
Ok, and you just posted the Mistral - good, because that would have been my next step. Do you have a picture from the front, too? I would have one if you need...
How is Kristen? How are you doing in Belgium?

Greetings
Joey
Joey

Postby michel » Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:03 pm

Neku,
Great idea, but... you live closer to him than I do in fact. 8)
Hoorn - Veldhoven = 168km
Bruxelles - Veldhoven = 122km

It's also an option to conduct an interview by mail with him... (although it would be nice to see his workingplace... if he alows us of course... and take some pictures)

Michel
(who is familiar with Kees his work for over two years already - via: David Schomer, and who have had a lot of dreams of winning a lottery, going to Kees and let him make my personal-not-to-beat-levermachine... :roll: )
michel

Postby michel » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:28 pm

How my dream-lever (for taste nothing beats a lever...) looks like? Something like this creation of Kees:
Attachments
kees1.jpg
kees1.jpg (17.94 KiB) Viewed 5373 times
michel

Postby Sunnyfield » Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:15 pm

I haven't done a feature yet, and I will not offer to interview Kees, but Neku, why don't you interview him? If he gets a call from abroad, it will impress him even more! Just a thought. :)
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Return to Espresso