More l'anna descaling advice

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

More l'anna descaling advice

Postby tripetta » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:36 am

Hello all!

I posted here back in June about my L'anna needing to be descaled. The advice I got was great! Problem is, I descaled it to make the left side group head flow better. When descaled it, though, it actually seemed to make the problem worse. Now the group head on the left side isn't working at all. It makes a grumpy noise, like so: https://youtu.be/EVmn7GKRbyc

I've tried letting the descaler sit in the boiler for hours at a time, and it continues to come out blue. The ratio I use is 2 Tbs citric acid / 1 L water.

I've descaled it over a dozen times now, but I can't afford to shut it down for a few days. All advice is appreciated; thank you for any help!

-Melissa
tripetta

Re: More l'anna descaling advice

Postby CakeBoy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:50 pm

So sorry, I've just picked up on this. You may have resolved it, but in case you still need help, here goes.

The descaler is not drawn from the boiler to the head in an HX system. You need to place a solution in the reservoir and draw that through, that will then reach the head. Solution in the Booker only descaled the boiler, the steam wand and hot water tap.

Put solution in the reservoir, use a little warm water in a jug to dissolve it and then put it in the cold water in the reservoir. Draw it off a cup at a time through the head until the reservoir needs refilling. Wait 20 mins between cups so the solution sits in the pipes and head. It should work. If all else fails, you can dismantle the head, but I will need to give specific instructions and it's fairly fiddly.

Post and PM me if you get stuck. I'm not always the fastest to spot posts these days. Good luck.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Espresso