Iberital L'anna descaling advice?

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Iberital L'anna descaling advice?

Postby tripetta » Wed May 17, 2017 11:13 pm

Hello! I have a iberital l'anna, and I would like to descale the boiler. My question is, how would it be best to do that? Every description I've come across talks about putting the descaler directly into a resovoir, and my machine doesn't have one of those. My current thoughts are to either:

1. fill a bucket with descaler and put the water intake hose in it, then allow the machine to fill up

2. pour the water in through the top by unscrewing the nut (?) on the end of the pipe that leads to the “hot water jet” (the hot water dispenser in the middle of the two group heads).

I'm leaning heavily toward the first method, does anyone have any advice? I would greatly appreciate it! I've linked a picture of the boiler with the part I'm considering unscrewing circled. -----> http://imgur.com/BqmRKA3

Thank you for any help! :)
tripetta

Re: Iberital L'anna descaling advice?

Postby CakeBoy » Thu May 18, 2017 11:53 pm

Hi Tripeta, and welcome to the forum. I think all of us here it's these gas the reservoir version, but that said, I would do exactly as you suggest and use method one. I would also take the opportunity to descale the HX whilst you have a bucket of descaling fluid under the pipe.

Finally, you may wish to overfill the boiler a but to descale the water fill line. To do so, let the boiler finish filling, then detach the brown boiler fill sensor wire (brown sheathed green wire in your case). from the spade connector on the fill probe located at the top of the boiler. Just let it fill for a few additional seconds before replacing the white on the spade connector. To be as safe as possible, just open the steam want a tiny bit (just enough to bleed steam, not to flow) during the overfill to offer an overflow should you miscalculate. Finally, close the steam wand, switch off and let her descale for a couple of hours as she cools.

I would flush her thoroughly with cold water after descaling, utilising the boiler drain tap at the bottom.

Good luck, be safe and shout if you have any questions.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Re: Iberital L'anna descaling advice?

Postby tripetta » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:21 am

Thank you so much for the advice! I realized I don't know how to tell if my boiler is full. It doesn't appear that the light changes.
tripetta

Return to Espresso