Magic L'espresso Machine - Conversion to use ground coffee

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Magic L'espresso Machine - Conversion to use ground coffee

Postby Dad » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:31 am

Scott from 'Happy Donkey' has advised that I ask for your assistance.

I have a Magic L'Espresso maker with pump (Design by Luca Trazzi) Model/Serial No: X1-68830.

The machine uses ILLYCAFFE compressed coffee cartridges. I want to convert the machine to take a filter and filter holder which allows me to grind my own coffee beans and use this to make coffee, instead of the cartridges.

The filter holder off a Delonghi Caffe Treviso, sort of fits, but as soon as you put a basket in it, it won't engage with the machine.

I have found the company (Magic L'Espresso) on the web (based in Barcelona, Spain). Their contact page offers a similar messaging system to this page, but when you press send, nothing happens.

Does anyone know if I can convert this machine to use my own self ground beans (instead of the cartridges)?

If so, where can I obtain the relevant parts (preferably in the UK)? and how much will it cost?

Thanking you in anticipation,
Dad

Postby Davec » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:21 pm

How much is the machine worth?
Davec

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:26 am

Absolutely no idea - It was a gift.

Postby bainesy » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:21 am

Hi guest - I've no idea myself how to do this, but you might want to try the alt.coffee newsgroup (archive messages at Google Groups, where you can post from, although it's a bit frowned on...).

Here's an example thread (not your machine).

I think the reason Dave asked how much your machine was worth is that the cost and hassle of converting it may make it not worth it.

Why not join this group and post us some pictures
Iberital 1-group, Compak grinder, Gaggia Classic, Rocky, 2 x Europiccola, 2 x Zassenhaus...got...to...stop...collecting
bainesy

Return to Open House