KitchenAid espressomaschine

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

KitchenAid espressomaschine

Postby ninus » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:48 pm

Anyone here have any experience with the (rather) new kitchenAid espressomaschine.
Right now they are on offer in my country for a little less than 300 Euro - (less than 50 % of the original price) and a friend of mine wants to give one as a present to his brother.
He ask me for advice, but i dont know what to say (I only have a little experience with my Silvia) Which costs more.
I know they have a good reputation with other kitchen maschines.
But what about the espressomaker. Is it any good (specifikations looks good, heatexchanger and all.
But why are there NO rewiews at all, whwn you try Google?

Any advice would be most welcome.

I guess that this maschine like most (all) others really is no good, if you dont want to buy a good grtinder too?
Rancilia Silvia + Rocky
Grindenstein
i-Roast2
fresh green beans
zassenhaus hand-grinder
ninus

Postby Axel2803 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:28 am

hi ninus,

you will find some reviews at coffeegeek.
http://www.coffeegeek.com/reviews/comme ... roespresso

Regards, Axel
Dalla Corte Mini, Mazzer Mini E/A, I-Roast, Behmor 1600
Axel2803

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:07 am

I know there have been some problems with a series of KitchenAid espressomachines. Something with a valve that melted and a hose that popped because of that. Also the gauges broke because of the water when the hose popped. KitchenAid has acknowledged that problem and it should be solved in the newer machines.
I have been playing with the machine in our shop and it is a very nice machine (the water may run a little hot now and then)... It has two dedicated boilers, so no heat exchangee. One boiler for espresso's and one for (small volumes of)boiling water and steam. The heating coil is on the outside of the boiler, so no heating coil submerged in water. It has aluminum boilers, so you have to descale regularly. I was impressed with the accurateness of the usermanual (http://www.kitchenaid.com/assets/pdfs/p ... PES100.pdf). It has many tips and tricks for making great espresso's.
When you decide to buy one, try to find out what your suppliers policy is when you encounter the problems mentioned above. I believe KitchenAid would just replace the machine with a better one.

Return to Open House