any reviews on the expobar crem office pulser

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

any reviews on the expobar crem office pulser

Postby withpassion71 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:55 pm

hi...was just wondering if you could help me more with choosing between the xpobar and the rancilio sylvia....thanks! :roll: :wink:
withpassion71

Postby Slimboyfat » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:19 pm

Hi there

You're looking at 2 different animals really, not to mention a big difference in price.

The Sylvia is a hugely popular machine and has many fans, but you'll need to be keen on temp surfing and possibly consider a pid modification - it's a single boiler machine, so you need to wait for the machine to recover between steaming and pulling a shot. Lots of people on here use the sylvia, or started out on it, so you should get some more feedback soon

The Pulser is an HX machine (the cheapest on the market) so you can pull shots and steam simultaneously or in quick succession. It has an E61 compatible group head, so it will take pretty much any 58mm portafilter - I've recently started using this machine and I'm really happy with it so far. There have been some worrying posts here about reliability of its big brother, the Brewtus. I think the Pulser is pretty amazing value for money though

good luck

Slimboy...

...never knowingly underfed

expobar pulser, quickmill 031, Reg Barber Radical Pro US curve, Koenigbot, aerobie, armour plated welded 1910 hybrid german whirley, several french presses, antique nepolitana, an old stovetop, Zassenhaus that smells of pepper and a hoover attachment colander/cooler thing
Slimboyfat

Return to Open House