New machines: too much choice!

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby scottwhite » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:11 pm

ok learned something new today.

there is not enough room on the handfill board for pre infusion, so as cakey says if you really want that you could set up another button to do that.

on the 2 group machines there is a wash cycle facility avaialable as well as pre infusion, but I have never seen anyone make use of either of those functions, which I think is a commercial decision, but we wont go into that.
Iberital L'anna Hand fill x 2
Iberital MC2 with Doser
Macap EPS Tamper
Macap MXA x 2
Macap M9A currently in kit format
Shake and Vac
Large box of spanners
scottwhite

machines machine machines

Postby mo go gear » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:57 am

Just to put a small word in for a HX, E-61 proprietary head, single boiler, rotay Procon pump, Pour over or plumbed version avaiable, semi or auto configuration. Check out the Astra Gourmet series machines. They have all these attributes, produce great steam and shots and are one of the easiest machines to service in the years that come later. Richard the owner / designer of the machine will personally speak with you about them and as was described in another topic on the Open House forum, is another bright spot in going the extra mile as far as customer service is concerned in the coffee industry.

check out
http://www.astramfr.com/

Stroll in to the gourmet series- The Gourmet auto pour over version runs about $2,000 in USD. Not trying intentionally to plug amachine from stateside but they get good long term reviews and they really make an overlooked machine. Check out Greg Scace review for them on Coffeegeek if you don't find others in Europe or TMC ( I am from the US -So I can't speak for what is in the files here)

mo

mo go gear
mo go gear

Postby phil2spill » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:07 pm

scottwhite wrote:ok learned something new today.

there is not enough room on the handfill board for pre infusion, so as cakey says if you really want that you could set up another button to do that.

Thanks for the info. If it can just be programmed-in, does that mean pre-infusion isn't a hardware thing and it's just a case of a time delay or running the pump slower or something? (sorry, don't know diddly-squat about commercials :) )

scottwhite wrote:on the 2 group machines there is a wash cycle facility avaialable as well as pre infusion, but I have never seen anyone make use of either of those functions, which I think is a commercial decision, but we wont go into that.

Sensible decision :wink:
Ground suitable for all coffee makers
phil2spill

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:20 am

It's literally just a very small amount of water allowed to penetrate the puck before the main flow begins, so a quick on and off before going on again for the extraction itself. It's just ons and offs really either manual or automated by a processor.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby phil2spill » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:25 pm

Ahh, OK thanks
Ground suitable for all coffee makers
phil2spill

Previous

Return to Open House