Pavoni pub E

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Pavoni pub E

Postby Max » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:46 pm

Hey
i hope one of yuo experts can help.
I just bought (for almost nothing) an old Pavoni tipo Pub E from 1979.
It lacks a grouphead and half of the frother - and maybe something else inside.
My qestion is: Wil you recommend that i try to get it repaired and get the missing parts. ?
i live in Denmark - but maybe parts can still be found fx. on the internet.
Do anyone know about this mashine.
I have a silvia and a rocky - but i find the old pavoni-lady charming.
what do You say

best regards

m@x
Max

Postby BazBean » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:18 pm

Hi Max..... One of members has just recently overhauled/rebuilt a Pavoni and may be able to help, and a fantastic job it was as well.

http://www.toomuchcoffee.com/index.php? ... highlight=

might be worth haing a look and sending a PM.

Barry
Knowledge can be absorbed, but passion cannot be taught !

La Spaziale S5,
La Spaziale EK 2 Group
k30 mahlkonig
Mazzer Jolly, Futurmat , MC 5 Iberital,
Brasilia RR, Macap Deli Grinder.
A growing Tamper collection
(Plus my own playground for the above- A Shop)
BazBean

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:20 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hey
i hope one of yuo experts can help.
I just bought (for almost nothing) an old Pavoni tipo Pub E from 1979.
It lacks a grouphead and half of the frother - and maybe something else inside.
My qestion is: Wil you recommend that i try to get it repaired and get the missing parts. ?
i live in Denmark - but maybe parts can still be found fx. on the internet.
Do anyone know about this mashine.
I have a silvia and a rocky - but i find the old pavoni-lady charming.
what do You say

best regards

m@x
sorry - of cours it didnt lack a grouphead - but a filterholder., which even I know is something quite different. :)
Would really like an advice....

Postby Beanie » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:37 pm

Lol Max :) A portafilter or "pf" as we like to call it :D Or did you mean the filter basket that fits in the PF?
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby BazBean » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:16 pm

No worries Max.
can be a world of wierd and wonderfull names stuff this world of coffee. i spent 2 weeks wondering what S/O was and dare not ask ...(single orgin) ...
there are a few good internet espresso parts co i use, but the postage cost would be more expensive?
Knowledge can be absorbed, but passion cannot be taught !

La Spaziale S5,
La Spaziale EK 2 Group
k30 mahlkonig
Mazzer Jolly, Futurmat , MC 5 Iberital,
Brasilia RR, Macap Deli Grinder.
A growing Tamper collection
(Plus my own playground for the above- A Shop)
BazBean

Postby BAB » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:43 am

Hi M@x,
I used a company called Espresso Services
http://www.espressoservices.co.uk/contact.html
now they are Scottish so English is not their first language :) but they are VERY helpful. The website does not mention parts for Commercial La Pavonis but they do service them and can get parts (at about half the price of some other companies). Their advice to me has been excellent and their parts perfect. I needed a PF too so it seems to be a thing with these machines. (somebody somewhere must have a dozen of them!) My PUB is a 2000 vintage but I'm sure little has changed over the years. Mine is also an "M" version with the rotary pump whilst your "E" should have a nice built-in tank and a "vibe" pump. That makes yours quite a bit easier to work with than mine (not all the bits were designed to fit inside the "M" model).

You have a WONDERFUL machine, please PM me or just reply to this with any problems etc you might have. I've been sick recently so I haven't been monitoring the site but I'd be glad to help in any way I can!!!
BAB

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:22 pm

BAB wrote:Hi M@x,
I used a company called Espresso Services
http://www.espressoservices.co.uk/contact.html
now they are Scottish so English is not their first language :) but they are VERY helpful. The website does not mention parts for Commercial La Pavonis but they do service them and can get parts (at about half the price of some other companies). Their advice to me has been excellent and their parts perfect. I needed a PF too so it seems to be a thing with these machines. (somebody somewhere must have a dozen of them!) My PUB is a 2000 vintage but I'm sure little has changed over the years. Mine is also an "M" version with the rotary pump whilst your "E" should have a nice built-in tank and a "vibe" pump. That makes yours quite a bit easier to work with than mine (not all the bits were designed to fit inside the "M" model).

You have a WONDERFUL machine, please PM me or just reply to this with any problems etc you might have. I've been sick recently so I haven't been monitoring the site but I'd be glad to help in any way I can!!!
thank you all for remarks and advices. I will try to get a portafilter and some other things, we found out was missing.
I suspect the pressostat and maybe the pump too needs replacement/attention. We shall see. Maybe i can get it operational again.
Sorre for the late reply. Took a little holiday.
Nice people in here. Wish i could be a mamber - but i have tried too many times in vain.
But the open hoouse is good - here in Denmark there are not too many to correspond with about espresso.
So i talk to my miss Silvia.

all the best
m@x

Postby stigin » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:06 pm

Anonymous wrote:Nice people in here. Wish i could be a mamber - but i have tried too many times in vain.
But the open hoouse is good - here in Denmark there are not too many to correspond with about espresso.

all the best
m@x

I think this should do the trick:

Potential new members should send a brief note to the site administrators (via the "Contact" link on the left), asking to join and stating whereabouts in Europe they live. Once this has been received, a new user account will be created and the new member informed of the details.

Please tell us your preferred username so that we can deal with matters quickly on your behalf. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
life's too short to drink bad coffee! Image
HasBean Beans -> Caffe Rosto -> Rocky Doserless -> Miss Silvia -> Me -> Grindenstein + Pallo
stigin

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:00 pm

stigin wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Nice people in here. Wish i could be a mamber - but i have tried too many times in vain.

all the best
m@x

I think this should do the trick:

Potential new members should send a brief note to the site administrators (via the "Contact" link on the left), asking to join and stating whereabouts in Europe they live. Once this has been received, a new user account will be created and the new member informed of the details.

Please tell us your preferred username so that we can deal with matters quickly on your behalf. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
It sounds too good to be true. Am I in heaven? If you can do this for me, I would be very greatful.
How about macpress as username? (I love macs too :)

Postby Beanie » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:35 pm

M@x just click on the "contact" link on the left handside... it's an email link to admin@toomuchcoffee.com. You'll have to send it yourself as you'll have to pick your username & password and admin will need to send it to your email. Once that's done, you're in :D
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Return to Open House