quickmill andreja or izzo alex...?

For non-TMC members to ask questions and offer comments

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Davec » Sat May 13, 2006 10:19 pm

Anonymous wrote:why thankyou RobC I am pleased to be a part of the community, are you and DaveC brothers?

:shock: :lol: :lol:
Davec

Postby Steve » Sat May 13, 2006 10:21 pm

Were all brothers and sisters here :)
Steve
Founder Member

Postby Davec » Sun May 14, 2006 2:48 pm

Oh yes....some of my favourite people, and 4 of my many favourites from the brotherhood and siterhood :lol:

Damm Latte Art (kingseven)...............Mr I'll never upgrade you can't make me George

Image................Image

Mac Man (looking well roasted) Steve.................A certain Scottish Members coffee from his new Andreja Premium (Mr Cappa)....and of course our delectable Beaniebabe

Image................... Image......Image

Yes I know this is just gratuitous.....but I can't help it! :wink:
Davec

Postby GeorgeW » Sun May 14, 2006 5:08 pm

Given that you are thinking of giving me your Alex I can't be too offensive so...yes, it does look like a younger version of me but the "G" clamp on my head is plain silly.
Ok...ok....there is a bolt through there but honestly that's all. :wink:
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby RobC » Sun May 14, 2006 8:44 pm

Hope I didn't overcook the chicken for you this aft Bro... :)
Long forgotton Tech and Coffee Equipment guru.
Twitter: @c0ff33a
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take a look at my life and realise there's none left 'Cause I've been brassing and laughing so long that Even my mamma thinks that my mind is gone
RobC

Postby Gouezeri » Sun May 14, 2006 9:38 pm

Anonymous wrote:why thankyou RobC I am pleased to be a part of the community, are you and DaveC brothers?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave and Rob "C" The evil twins of TMC :lol:
Guest (it would help, or merely be polite if we could address you with a more personal name, be it only a nickname), before questioning Rob's judgement on a machine, you might want to have a look at just some of the machines he has in his shed :D
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby GeorgeW » Mon May 15, 2006 10:03 am

gouezeri wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave and Rob "C" The evil twins of TMC :lol:
Guest (it would help, or merely be polite if we could address you with a more personal name, be it only a nickname), before questioning Rob's judgement on a machine, you might want to have a look at just some of the machines he has in his shed :D

Dom....I know you posted these pictures of Rob's shed with the best of intentions but be aware that they tend to make me feel very queasy. :shock:
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby Guest » Mon May 15, 2006 10:42 am

yes you can call me dave, I was questioning DaveC not RobC, i understood robs answer but daves seemed conflicting, saying it will cope with commercial amounts then saying that it comes with pressure designed for domestic use and it would have to be changed for commercial use.

a bit confusing really, i will join soon.

Postby Davec » Mon May 15, 2006 11:36 am

Anonymous wrote:yes you can call me dave, I was questioning DaveC not RobC, i understood robs answer but daves seemed conflicting, saying it will cope with commercial amounts then saying that it comes with pressure designed for domestic use and it would have to be changed for commercial use.

a bit confusing really, i will join soon.

:wink:
Davec

Postby scottwhite » Mon May 15, 2006 1:05 pm

lol
Iberital L'anna Hand fill x 2
Iberital MC2 with Doser
Macap EPS Tamper
Macap MXA x 2
Macap M9A currently in kit format
Shake and Vac
Large box of spanners
scottwhite

Postby Guest » Mon May 15, 2006 5:08 pm

actualy i believe they come with the pressure set at one thats designed for small commercial use.. but its the lowerd ( its a 30 sec job) by the very nice people at bellabarista to a pressure more suited for home use .. (as most people do buy them for home use) :)
if it was plumbed in id see it having no difficulty with a small shop or general light commercial use.... its built like a tank and very well made with commercial parts...

Postby Davec » Mon May 15, 2006 5:23 pm

Anonymous wrote:actualy i believe they come with the pressure set at one thats designed for small commercial use.. but its the lowerd ( its a 30 sec job) by the very nice people at bellabarista to a pressure more suited for home use .. (as most people do buy them for home use) :)
if it was plumbed in id see it having no difficulty with a small shop or general light commercial use.... its built like a tank and very well made with commercial parts...

Yes you are correct, they were coming from the factory at 1.5 bar, I think Izzo now ship them pre-set to BB at the lower recommended pressures for domestic use. BB tweak them back up to around 1.5 bar if they are going into a light commercial environment.
Davec

Postby Guest » Mon May 15, 2006 6:05 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would "see suitable for light commercial use" as a disadvantage in the typical home. I assume that this means it has a short recovery time and would need flushing after only a short time to keep the brew temp down, meaning regular and inconvenient fill ups.

I'm amazed at the Andreja's ability to stay at around brew temps for longish periods, i.e. up to 4-5 minutes idle and if flushed no water dance. This presumably means the shot to shot temp is pretty consistant

Postby Guest » Mon May 15, 2006 6:07 pm

Whoops sorry the above was me, Nickr not signed in

Postby Davec » Mon May 15, 2006 6:20 pm

Anonymous wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would "see suitable for light commercial use" as a disadvantage in the typical home. I assume that this means it has a short recovery time and would need flushing after only a short time to keep the brew temp down, meaning regular and inconvenient fill ups.

I'm amazed at the Andreja's ability to stay at around brew temps for longish periods, i.e. up to 4-5 minutes idle and if flushed no water dance. This presumably means the shot to shot temp is pretty consistant

Well...I can't bend the laws of Physics I am afraid Nick, for either the Alex or the Andreja. Alex has a big boiler and more powerful heating element, lowering the pressure directly affects the boiler temperature. yes you have to flush at lower pressures....but not really any more than your average domestic HX.

The Andreja reacts the way it does because of the vertical boiler and relatively large amount of HX unit presumably in the water. I agree the Andreja is less likely to need flushing in short runs of espresso even if you wait a few minutes or so between shots.....but that is another issue entirely. It's advantage is it allows you to profile your shots temperatures for different blends should you want to. the disadvantage of course...if you pull shots too quickly it gets too cool and the shots are sour (but you would have to be pulling them quite fast). That said...I do like the way the UK Andrejas are set up, as they have more flexibility than a machine always running on the hotter brew temp side, as many HX's do.

Of course I have my latest 2 new test machines arriving tomorrow, am looking forward to it, have been for a while now...should be interesting! :wink: And no these are not jolly jape machines this time 8)

With most machines there is some sort of compromise somewhere. if it's not function it's asthetics, or the type of pump etc.. etc..What you need is a domestic machine that combines the features like rotary pump, good looks, brew temperature control, plumbed or tank options and a decent price!
Davec

PreviousNext

Return to Open House